ID please

Abhay Tiwari

May 15, 2011, 7:50:06 AM5/15/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hello Friends,

I suspected that this tree was Garuga Pinnata. But apparently its not. The leaves aren't toothed. And the fruit has only one single seed.

Any idea what is this tree?

DPP_0018itp.JPG

Dinesh Valke

May 15, 2011, 8:18:11 AM5/15/11
to Abhay Tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
... this could be the Indian ash tree, Lannea coromandelica.
Please wait for comments.

Regards.
Dinesh

Nidhan Singh

May 16, 2011, 2:34:44 AM5/16/11
to Dinesh Valke, Abhay Tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

This is most probably Lannea coromandelica.

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Dinesh Valke

May 26, 2011, 4:16:18 AM5/26/11
to efloraofindia, Sweedle Cerejo
Forwarding a response from Sweedle ji.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 I think this is Spondias pinnata of family Anacardiaceae...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sweedle ji, your thought seems to be correct.
Me too now think so.
Let us wait for comments.

Regards.
Dinesh

May 26, 2011, 5:22:16 AM5/26/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Sweedle Cerejo
Abhay ji please post some more close up and good fotos... foto of this
kind will only lead into asssumption...

Many species of plants show this type of leaves and fruit... so how
can someone beleive that this is Spondias sps. or some other genus..

or you can post details about the plant whatever u have seen on the field..

regards,

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

prasanna gogate

May 26, 2011, 10:13:11 AM5/26/11
to H S, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Sweedle Cerejo
for difference in spondais and lannea smell of fruits is best way...

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 31, 2021, 8:37:37 AM3/31/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID