Ipomoea for ID : 280111 : AK-2

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 28, 2011, 7:04:57 AM1/28/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, androl
Again taken at Muscat,Oman.
First picture taken in May,06 and the other in Feb,07.These are very
common here.
Aarti
Ipomoea-DSCN1617.JPG
Ipomoea-P1010040.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Feb 21, 2011, 7:59:29 AM2/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Ron_Convolvulaceae, Katarina, Aarti S. Khale
... simply guessing: some species of Calystegia ... http://www.exot-nutz-zier.de/impressionen_convolvulaceae_ca.htm
Regards.
Dinesh

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 21, 2011, 7:46:54 AM2/21/11
to efloraofindia, Ron_Convolvulaceae, Katarina, Aarti S. Khale
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Feb 21, 2011, 8:50:07 AM2/21/11
to efloraofindia

On Feb 21, 7:59 am, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... simply guessing: some species of Calystegia ...http://www.exot-nutz-zier.de/impressionen_convolvulaceae_ca.htm
> Regards.
> Dinesh
>
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Resurfacing again for ID
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Hello,

Dinesh ji has a worthy guess.

My impression is that the plant in question is likely in the
genus Convolvulus as the stigma is within the structural type for a
Convolvulus and the corolla with a relatively short tube and wide
relatively flat limb is much more typical of Convolvulus than a
Calystegia , although some overlap of corolla features between
Calystegia and Convolvulus does exist...

The majority of Calystegia species are native to California with
relatively few species in the Old World, whereas by comparison there
are many species of Convolvulus in the Old World.

The Convolvulus are known to cross species naturally as compared to
Ipomoea which rarely ever crosses the species barrier naturally.

There are some botanists who have proposed that all Convolvulus
represent geographic variations of a single species with no absolute
division , because inter-grades of Convolvulus species are to be found
inhabiting what is proposed to be the geographic limits for a
particular species; inter-grades of Convolvulus species blend in with
the 'different' neighboring Convolvulus species / sharing features
with geographic neighbors of supposedly 'different' species...therefor
Convolvulus has so many subspecies , subsubspecies , varieties and
forma...likely ad infinitum...

Perhaps the wrong time for me to share regarding such a departure from
the traditional / accepted classifications...

The plant is some Convolvulus but more than that I can not offer at
this point.

regards,

Ron

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Feb 21, 2011, 9:25:53 AM2/21/11
to efloraofindia
Hello,

I have an after-thought and that is the closet I can come to an
ID on the plant in question at this point is Convolvulus virgatus.

regards,

Ron

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Feb 21, 2011, 9:38:02 AM2/21/11
to efloraofindia

On Feb 21, 8:50 am, Ron_Convolvulaceae <and...@optonline.net> wrote:
Hello,

I have an after-thought and that is the plant seems to match
Convolvulus virgatus in many aspects.

regards,

Ron

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Jan 9, 2021, 12:14:12 PM1/9/21
to aarti...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com, jmg...@gmail.com
Convolvulus virgatus Boiss. is correct ID .
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 9, 2021, 12:39:17 PM1/9/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Saroj Ji.
Regards,
Aarti

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 9, 2021, 9:15:55 AM8/9/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 9, 2021, 9:16:50 AM8/9/21
to indiantreepix, Aarti S. Khale
Aug 9, 2021, 10:57:49 PM8/9/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Seems to Convolvulus sp.,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/10/21, 08:26:45 AM

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 10, 2021, 4:26:31 AM8/10/21
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Saroj Kasaju
Gurcharan Ji,
Kindly check with Convolvulus virgatus.
Regards,
Aarti

dr.rakesh Singh

Aug 17, 2021, 9:00:20 AM8/17/21
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, it is Convolvulus virgatus indeed !

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAJ6xDqaPW8xa3UzH4ckzP2eNxO4%2BwpCGW4T4BoaVBmnJp-1b6Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 17, 2021, 11:14:51 AM8/17/21
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, Gurcharan Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Saroj Kasaju
Rakesh Ji,
Thanks for validating.
Regards,
Aarti