1803011-PR For ID- Chennai

Padmini Raghavan

Mar 17, 2011, 3:50:52 PM3/17/11
to indiantreepix
There were two of these tall trees with drooping branches at the Theosophical Society in Chennai.
As there were no flowers or fruit, I am sending several pics of the leaves.
Please help me with the id.
Thanks,
Padmini Raghavan.
A tall tree to ID -at TS 001.jpg
A tall tree to ID -at TS 002.jpg
A tall tree to ID -at TS 003.jpg
A tall tree to ID -at TS 004.jpg
A tall tree to ID -at TS 006.jpg
A tall tree to ID -at TS 007.jpg
A tall tree to ID -at TS 008.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 16, 2011, 3:10:09 AM4/16/11
to efloraofindia, Padmini Raghavan, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara, Dinesh Valke
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mahadeswara

Apr 16, 2011, 7:56:01 AM4/16/11
to efloraofindia
Pictures TS 006,007 and 008 are those of Pongamia pinnata.

On Apr 16, 12:10 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Resurfacing again for ID
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

> From: Padmini Raghavan <padi...@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 1:20 AM
> Subject: [efloraofindia:65113] 1803011-PR For ID- Chennai
> To: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com>
>
> There were two of these tall trees with drooping branches at the
> Theosophical Society in Chennai.
> As there were no flowers or fruit, I am sending several pics of the leaves.
> Please help me with the id.
> Thanks,
> Padmini Raghavan.
>

>  A tall tree to ID -at TS 001.jpg
> 236KViewDownload
>
>  A tall tree to ID -at TS 002.jpg
> 230KViewDownload
>
>  A tall tree to ID -at TS 003.jpg
> 227KViewDownload
>
>  A tall tree to ID -at TS 004.jpg
> 234KViewDownload
>
>  A tall tree to ID -at TS 006.jpg
> 227KViewDownload
>
>  A tall tree to ID -at TS 007.jpg
> 216KViewDownload
>
>  A tall tree to ID -at TS 008.jpg
> 233KViewDownload

rajdeo singh

Apr 20, 2011, 8:20:30 AM4/20/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Padmini Raghavan, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara, Dinesh Valke
Hello,
Pictures TS 006, 007, 008 are of Pterocarpus indicus Willd.

***
Rajdeo Singh
Project fellow
St. Xavier's College,
Mumbai

Padmini Raghavan

Apr 20, 2011, 1:48:33 PM4/20/11
to rajdeo singh, indiantreepix, Vijayasankar Raman, J.M. Garg, Muthu Karthick
Please be aware that all 7 pics are of the same tree, just taken from different angles.
Regards,
Padmini.

Mahadeswara

Apr 20, 2011, 11:41:40 PM4/20/11
to efloraofindia
Please watch for the flowers and fruits. Then only we can decide.

On Apr 20, 10:48 pm, Padmini Raghavan <padi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please be aware that all 7 pics are of the same tree, just taken from
> different angles.
> Regards,
> Padmini.
>
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM, rajdeo singh <rajdeo.1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Pictures TS 006, 007, 008 are of *Pterocarpus indicus* Willd.

Mahadeswara

Apr 20, 2011, 11:45:22 PM4/20/11
to efloraofindia
All the pictures donot seem to be of the same tree. The first 4
pictures are quite different from the rest. Please check whether
two different trees are growing side by side, abutting each other.
On Apr 20, 10:48 pm, Padmini Raghavan <padi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please be aware that all 7 pics are of the same tree, just taken from
> different angles.
> Regards,
> Padmini.
>
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM, rajdeo singh <rajdeo.1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Pictures TS 006, 007, 008 are of *Pterocarpus indicus* Willd.

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2011, 8:00:26 AM8/9/11
to efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, k_un...@yahoo.co.in, Padmini Raghavan, rajdeo singh, maravijnani

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Pictures TS 006,007 and 008    are those of Pongamia pinnata.” from Mahadeswara ji.

“Pictures TS 006, 007, 008 are of Pterocarpus indicus Willd.
***
Rajdeo Singh”

All the pictures donot seem to be of the same tree. The first 4

pictures  are quite different from the rest.  Please check whether

two different trees are growing side by side, abutting each other.”

Aug 12, 2011, 2:05:59 AM8/12/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, k_un...@yahoo.co.in, Padmini Raghavan, rajdeo singh, maravijnani
Last 3 fotos look like some Pterocarpus (may be P. santalinus) and first 4 fotos look like some Sapindaceae member

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

J.M. Garg

Muthu Karthick

Aug 12, 2011, 4:30:48 AM8/12/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, k_un...@yahoo.co.in, Padmini Raghavan, rajdeo singh, maravijnani
I think the the last three pics are not P.santalinus; but looks more like Pongamia pinnata.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

H S

Aug 12, 2011, 9:58:55 AM8/12/11
to Muthu Karthick, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, k_un...@yahoo.co.in, Padmini Raghavan, rajdeo singh, maravijnani
may be..... very confusing,, pls post the fotos seperatly

regards,

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 26, 2021, 11:45:31 PM1/26/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as    Unidentified 2

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 26, 2021, 11:46:21 PM1/26/21
to indiantreepix
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as    Unidentified 2

Feb 9, 2021, 8:02:54 AM2/9/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mahadeswara

Feb 9, 2021, 11:30:36 PM2/9/21
to efloraofindia
Last 3 pictures are of Pongamia pinnata

Nancy Seby

Feb 9, 2021, 11:53:47 PM2/9/21
to efloraofindia
Agree with the earlier comments.
First 4 pictures - Leaves are distinctly longer, and there is a copper-tint to young leaves.
Last 3 pictures - Definitely looks like Pongamia Pinnata

Thank you and warm regards
Nancy Seby

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 14, 2021, 7:38:04 AM2/14/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Mahadeswara ji and Nancy ji.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

J.M. Garg

Feb 19, 2021, 12:58:16 AM2/19/21
to Padmini Raghavan, efloraofindia, M Swamy
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/40993306-2176-4450-b93c-d3d6f9e4838bn%40googlegroups.com.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 19, 2021, 12:59:06 AM2/19/21
to efloraofindia, Padmini Raghavan, Nancy Seby
Thanks, Nancy ji

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/42440da8-7f22-43d6-8ba3-b2f4bdda958fn%40googlegroups.com.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 19, 2021, 1:00:12 AM2/19/21
to efloraofindia, Padmini Raghavan, M Swamy, Nancy Seby
1st 4 pictures appear close to Dimocarpus longan as per images and details herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Mahadeswara

Feb 19, 2021, 11:31:17 PM2/19/21
to efloraofindia

Garg ji,
The comparative images donot support the ID by you.
It could be a member of Meliaceae .

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 8, 2021, 10:31:27 AM3/8/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/94e8b192-f2e4-4cdc-8add-d6a379bd4dben%40googlegroups.com.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 14, 2021, 11:40:19 AM11/14/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as    Unidentified 2
First 4 pictures Dimocarpus longan by Garg ji, not supported by Mahadeswara ji who thinks it as Meliaceae member
Last three images Pongamia pinnata according to both Mahadeswara ji and Nancy ji

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 15, 2021, 11:46:25 AM11/15/21
to efloraofindia
First picture looks like Schleichera oleosa.......not sure