MS July, 2018/07 Sambucus or Leea sp. for ID

M Sawmliana

Jul 10, 2018, 12:18:36 PM7/10/18
to efloraofindia
Location : Ailawng, Mizoram
Date : 10-07-2018
Habit : Shrub ?
Habitat : Wild

Regards,
M.Sawmliana
Kar-te (1).JPG
Kar-te (2).JPG
Kar-te (3).JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2018, 10:18:22 PM7/10/18
to M Sawmliana, efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Jul 19, 2018, 3:44:31 AM7/19/18
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
To me appears close to images at Leea guineense G.Don as per comparative images at Leea

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2975 members & 2,90,000 messages on 31.3.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images).

Kar-te (1).JPG
Kar-te (2).JPG
Kar-te (3).JPG

surajitno...@gmail.com

May 8, 2021, 9:43:27 AM5/8/21
to efloraofindia
Can you please upload original picture of leaves?
Please also upload "stipule" picture, if you have any.
How tall is this one?
I assume it is not the same one as in your other upload - https://groups.google.com/g/indiantreepix/c/IpQ44lGA2CY/m/9BPJI5zPAAAJ

Thank you
Reagrds
Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

May 14, 2021, 1:58:19 AM5/14/21
to M Sawmliana, efloraofindia, surajitkoley
May 14, 2021, 2:44:11 AM5/14/21
to J.M. Garg, M Sawmliana, efloraofindia
No need to upload the original plate.
I do not see any setaceous hair on the adaxial leaf surface (check KEY), so it is again Leea guineensis G. Don.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

surajit koley

May 18, 2021, 9:11:28 PM5/18/21
to J.M. Garg, M Sawmliana, efloraofindia
food for thought

This is Leea setuligera Clarke.

Thanks a lot Sawmliana ji for introducing me to new wonders every now and then!)

life is short
time is running out
don't try to know everything
utilize what you already know

Kar-te (1).JPG
Kar-te (3).JPG
Kar-te (2).jpg

J.M. Garg

May 19, 2021, 1:41:32 AM5/19/21
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, surajitkoley
Thanks, Surajit ji.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 19, 2021, 6:52:18 AM5/19/21
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, surajitkoley
This should be Leea setuligera C. B. Clarke,
margins closely serrate and in one image leaves appear hairy. Leaves in images are not so clear to identify setacous hairs on leaf surface.
Kind regards,
Varun
--
With regards,