Dalbergia latifolia :: Tholpetty WLS, Wayanad :: 14 NOV 19

Dinesh Valke

Dec 2, 2019, 12:45:42 PM12/2/19
to efloraofindia
Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary
Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary  Wayanad
Date: November 14, 2019 ... Altitude range: about 650 to 1150 m (2,100 to 3,800 ft) asl

Dalbergia latifolia  Roxb.
Dalbergia latifolia Roxb.

Regards.
Dinesh

Mahadeswara

Dec 2, 2019, 10:56:41 PM12/2/19
to efloraofindia
Yes. The ID is correct.

Dinesh Valke

Dec 3, 2019, 12:27:44 AM12/3/19
to efloraofindia
Thank you very much Mahadeswara ji for the validation.
Regards.
Dinesh

ushadi

Dec 3, 2019, 5:40:29 AM12/3/19
to efloraofindia
nice old growth tree
Regards
Ushadi

Dinesh Valke

Dec 3, 2019, 5:52:29 AM12/3/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks Usha di.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Dec 15, 2019, 7:30:33 AM12/15/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke, M Swamy
I think the leaves in the 1st image and 4th image, appears to be from some different tree than Dalbergia latifolia Roxb.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

Dinesh Valke

Dec 15, 2019, 8:25:37 AM12/15/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy
It is difficult for me to stress whether yes / no, because there were three trees close by.
Since I am not fully confident, I will remove the labels in flickr photostream for those respective photos.
Thanks Garg ji for validating.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Dec 15, 2019, 8:29:35 AM12/15/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
Thanks, Krishnaraj ji.

Dec 15, 2019, 9:16:40 AM12/15/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
Dinesh Ji, Garg Ji is correct the first image not belongs to Dalbergia because the plant has simple leaves, that might be Haldenia or Adina cordifolia,  you can remove that.
With regards.

Dinesh Valke

Dec 15, 2019, 10:08:24 AM12/15/19
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very vert much Paradesi ji and Garg ji for the close scrutiny, and correcting my wrong identifications.
Indeed the leaves are simple and belong to Adina cordifolia.
I will send a separate post that will carry photos of Adina cordifolia.
Regards.
Dinesg

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2019, 5:52:55 AM12/16/19
to Dinesh Valke, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Thanks, Dinesh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg