060619AB3 ID - Achyranthes aspera?

Alok

Jun 6, 2019, 2:33:59 AM6/6/19
to efloraofindia
Hi,
Identification please. Is this Achyranthes aspera? Very common in Melghat and Vidarbha.

Date/Time- November 2, 2017; 09:32 hrs
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Eastern Melghat, 21°17.483' N, 77°22.530' E
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  Herb
Height/Length- 2-4’ Height
Seeds/Fruits - with spikes, gets stuck on clothes.

Sincerely,
Alok
DSCN1589 20171102 - Low Res.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Jun 6, 2019, 5:27:02 AM6/6/19
to indiantreepix
Although not good to say specifically from this pic, but your id is agreeable...!!

Alok

Jun 6, 2019, 7:23:04 AM6/6/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks!

J.M. Garg

Jun 15, 2019, 6:07:27 AM6/15/19
to efloraofindia, Alok Bang
Do you have images of the leaves and the whole plant ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

DSCN1589 20171102 - Low Res.JPG

Alok

Jun 21, 2019, 5:10:46 AM6/21/19
to efloraofindia
Unfortunately not, because I thought it is a very common plant. I don't have any other photo apart from this one.