Fabaceae (Faboideae) Fortnight :: Lupinus angustifolius- Cultivated :: Panipat :: NS OCT 85/85

Nidhan Singh

Oct 17, 2015, 4:10:12 AM10/17/15
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

This annual ornamental with beautiful apical racemes is real treat to eyes...
Lupinus angustifolius...from a flower show in Panipat..

I will take a short break for and Educational Tour to Manali-Rohtang for B.Sc. students, hopefully I may be able to finish my uploads after return on 21.10.2015. I may not be in touch till then...

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Lupinus angustifolius (6).JPG
Lupinus angustifolius (8).JPG
Lupinus angustifolius (10).JPG
Lupinus angustifolius (11).JPG
Lupinus angustifolius (12).JPG
Lupinus angustifolius (13).JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 26, 2015, 3:48:24 AM10/26/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Hi, Nidhan ji,
We do not have this species so far in efi. Pl. see Lupinus
Image appears different in leaves from that in Wikipedia.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Lupinus angustifolius (6).JPG
Lupinus angustifolius (8).JPG
Lupinus angustifolius (10).JPG
Lupinus angustifolius (11).JPG
Lupinus angustifolius (12).JPG
Lupinus angustifolius (13).JPG

J.M. Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 23, 2021, 5:36:53 AM9/23/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 23, 2021, 5:38:43 AM9/23/21
to indiantreepix, Nidhan Singh
Sep 23, 2021, 7:22:46 AM9/23/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Nidhan Singh
Lupinus cosentinii Guss. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2021, 9:05:48 AM9/26/21
to efloraofindia
Does not seem  Lupinus cosentinii Guss. in which leaves are much narrower, and can grow only in temperate climate.

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2021, 9:15:40 AM9/26/21
to efloraofindia
Lupinus angustifolius leaflets are very narrow, almost linear, and flowers mostly scattered, here they seem whorled. L. pubescens is possible.

J.M. Garg

Oct 3, 2021, 12:50:53 AM10/3/21
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh
Floriculture in India gives the following species, which have been introduced in India:
Annuals:
Lupinus hartwegii (45-75 cm tall with white, pink and pale blue flowers) (syn. of Lupinus ehrenbergii var. ehrenbergii)
Lupinus luteus (40-60 cm, with yellow flowers)
Lupinus subcarnosus (a dwarf plant with blue flowers)
Lupinus mutabilis (a tall plant 120-150 cm- dark blue (marked with yellow and rose), blue, white, pink fragrant flowers)
Lupinus tricolor (a bushy plant 45-60 cm- white flowers changing to pink) (syn. of Lupinus albifrons var. albifrons)

Perennials:
Lupinus polyphyllus (perennial, with wide range of flowers)

Lupinus luteus
Lupinus mutabilis
Lupinus hirsutus (syn. of L.pilosus)

This may be Lupinus hirsutus (syn. of L.pilosus)

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg