Identify these flowers

shobha chavda

Dec 2, 2009, 7:01:21 AM12/2/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everybody,
Recently I had been to Chakarata-a town near Deharadun.I have taken photographs of some flowers but since they are from Himalayan region,I can not identify them. I "ll be uploading these photos on this site,please help me to identify them.
Thanx.
Shobha.
chakrata '09 232.jpg
chakrata '09 237.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 2, 2009, 11:44:41 AM12/2/09
to shobha chavda, indian...@googlegroups.com
First one Narcissus tazetta
Second one Dicliptera bupleuroides

Please send other plants under separate posts. Please don't mix two plants under the same post.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Dec 2, 2009, 12:47:45 PM12/2/09
to indiantreepix
Is that Narcissus wild?
Pankaj

J.M. Garg

Jan 6, 2010, 2:17:18 AM1/6/10
to indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, shobha chavda

Forwarding again for feedback pl. for Pankaj ji's query.

“Is that Narcissus wild?
Pankaj”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

chakrata '09 232.jpg
chakrata '09 237.jpg

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jan 7, 2010, 12:50:48 AM1/7/10
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, shobha chavda
First is narcissus.
Second the photograph is not very clear.
akbhatt

Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road
Gwalior. 474 005.
Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.
My blogsite is at:
http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com
And the photo site:
www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ten most  common surnames of Indians: Singh, Kumar, Sharma,Patel, Shah, Lal, Gupta, Bhat, Rao, Reddy. Cheers!

J.M. Garg

Jan 8, 2010, 3:35:55 AM1/8/10
to indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, shobha chavda
Reply:
"Dear Pankaj,
Definately it is Narcissus tazetta also known as Chinese Lily.Its from Liliaceae family.
Shobha"

Dr.ANIL KUMAR

Jan 8, 2010, 9:51:24 AM1/8/10
to efloraofindia
dear

For second pic plz check it in genus Peristrophe. I am not 100%
confirmed but this one may be Peristrophe hyssopifolia.

On Jan 8, 1:35 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reply:
> "Dear Pankaj,
> Definately it is Narcissus tazetta also known as Chinese Lily.Its from
> Liliaceae family.
> Shobha"
>

> 2010/1/6 J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>

> > Forwarding again for feedback pl. for Pankaj ji's query.
>

> > “Is that *Narcissus* wild?

> > Pankaj”

R. Vijayasankar

Jan 9, 2010, 12:53:41 AM1/9/10
to Dr.ANIL KUMAR, efloraofindia
For me it (the second pic) looks like a species of Dicliptera. (Acanthaceae)

With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2010, 10:00:42 AM1/10/10
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, shobha chavda
Not really wild, but you plant the bulbs and forget, they will keep on flowering year after year even if you forget them. More so when you dig up the bulbs after couple of years, you will find them, multiplied many times.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

JM Garg

Jul 14, 2020, 9:40:26 AM7/14/20
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda, GurcharanSingh
May be Dicliptera chinensis as per images and details herein. Looks different from Dicliptera bupleuroides as per images and details herein.
Differences between the two species are better appreciated as per FoC illustration and FoP illustration
chakrata '09 237.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 16, 2020, 5:47:15 AM7/16/20
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda, GurcharanSingh
Difficult to say anything with this image.

With regards,
J.M.Garg