SK 3421 23 April 2022

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 23, 2022, 2:10:09 AM4/23/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
Dear Members,

Location:  Romford, UK
Altitude:  40 m.
Date: 09 March 2022
Habit : Cultivated

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
IMG_0514.jpg
IMG_0513.jpg
IMG_0512.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 23, 2022, 2:10:22 AM4/23/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

IMG_0515.jpg
IMG_0516.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2022, 3:54:11 AM4/23/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Thanks, Saroj ji, for the beautiful images.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 23, 2022, 4:24:11 AM4/23/22
to efloraofindia
Prunus laurocerasus..common name Cherry laurel.
Often used in UK for hedges

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2022, 4:32:07 AM4/23/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Sheila ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 23, 2022, 4:35:23 AM4/23/22
to efloraofindia

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 23, 2022, 6:51:32 AM4/23/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2022, 9:04:03 PM4/23/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd
Thanks, Sheila ji, for superb collection.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 24, 2022, 4:04:00 AM4/24/22
to efloraofindia
Thank you Mr. Garg.
I use my 1,000's of  plant pics as an aide memoir.... often boring pics to show whether opposite or alternate leaves, leaf shape, flowers, fruit, bark...any relevant detail.
It is a labour of love  that I started in 2005 when I got  my first  computer and a tiny idiot proof Canon Ixus camera.( no bigger than a packet of cigarettes)
Over the past 17 years  I have been taking pics of plants...be it in my garden , in my street, in the countryside, in garden centres,  or in exotic places.
Once I have deleted rubbish pics, trimmed them and labelled them I can find any plant instantly..by name, date or country.

I now have 77,496 of my plant pics on flickr, free for anyone to use with permission.
If I had time to add TAGs ..family, colour etc then people would maybe find them more...even now I am completely amazed at the number of times someone happens to find and look at my pics.

This very ordinary pic of Ardisia eliptica .....see below found on Hawaii has had 855 people to look at it on flickr! Bizarre.!!!!
A computer and my tiny camera have literally changed my life.
Along the way I have seen and learn so much.
Every day is a school day.

ARDISIA  ELLIPTICA 31-01-2015 13-01-15.JPG

NEW  6TH  FEB 2022 IXUS285HS  283065000722 06-02-2022 13-44-55.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 24, 2022, 4:46:26 AM4/24/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd
That is so great of you.
Devoting your passion for constructive purposes.
My hats off to you for such a great devotion.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 24, 2022, 5:17:03 AM4/24/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd
You may find the story of efloraofindia interesting:
https://vikalpsangam.org/article/ten-years-of-efloraofindia/
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg