Lonavala, MH :: Asteraceae member for ID :: ARK2021-041

Alka Khare

Aug 23, 2021, 12:11:24 AM8/23/21
to efloraofindia
Hello friends

Saw this Asteraceae member near Lonavala, MH in June 2021.
Requested to please provide ID.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
IMG_5889.JPG
IMG_5898.JPG
IMG_5899.JPG

radha veach

Aug 23, 2021, 10:47:38 PM8/23/21
to efloraofindia
Pluchea sp.

regards
Radha

Marco Blanc

Aug 24, 2021, 1:35:21 AM8/24/21
to efloraofindia
Pluchea wallichiana...

J.M. Garg

Aug 30, 2021, 2:10:18 AM8/30/21
to efloraofindia, inter...@gmail.com, radha veach, Alka
Thanks, Radha ji and Marco ji.
To me appear close to images and details at Pluchea tomentosa DC. as per comparative images at Pluchea.
Looks different from images at Pluchea wallichiana DC.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Alka Khare

Sep 9, 2021, 2:21:50 PM9/9/21
to efloraofindia
Thank you Garg ji

Let us wait for further comments from experts.

Regards
Alka Khare

Alka Khare

Sep 9, 2021, 2:24:03 PM9/9/21
to efloraofindia
Attaching another pic of the leaves.

Regards
Alka Khare
IMG_5900.JPG

radha veach

Sep 9, 2021, 11:47:33 PM9/9/21
to efloraofindia
I agree with Pluchea tomentosa

regards
Radha

Marco Blanc

Sep 10, 2021, 5:02:12 AM9/10/21
to efloraofindia
According FOI it seems that it's more of the leaves of P.wallichiana...

https://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Wallich Camphor-Weed.html

The leaves of P.tomentosa are rounder...

https://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Woolly Camphor-Weed.html

J.M. Garg

Sep 13, 2021, 7:09:46 AM9/13/21
to efloraofindia