SK 3407 13 April 2022

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 13, 2022, 9:32:10 AM4/13/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
Dear Members,

Location: Gorran Haven, St. Austell, UK
Altitude: 43m.
Date: 02 April 2022
Habit : Cultivated

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_2545.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 13, 2022, 9:32:28 AM4/13/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_2546.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 13, 2022, 9:32:34 AM4/13/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
DSC_2547.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 13, 2022, 9:32:58 AM4/13/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_2548.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 13, 2022, 9:33:06 AM4/13/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
DSC_2549.JPG

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 13, 2022, 10:05:01 AM4/13/22
to efloraofindia
Weigela.
Maybe Weigela floribunda.
Maybe one of the many named cultivars.
Flowers can be yellow, white, pink or red.

See my images below in very safe to browse web site Flickr.

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 13, 2022, 11:01:21 AM4/13/22
to efloraindia, Sheila Sadd, Alastair Culham, J.M. Garg

Thank you Sheila !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 13, 2022, 9:23:25 PM4/13/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Thanks, Saroj ji, for the beautiful images.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 14, 2022, 4:12:57 AM4/14/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Thank you Mr. Garg !
Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 19, 2022, 7:11:40 AM4/19/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Sheila ji.
Surprisingly there is a similar looking Weigela florida (also see POWO) also, but the calyx looks a bit different.
And there is also similar looking Weigela hortensis

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 19, 2022, 12:19:22 PM4/19/22
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Apr 19, 2022, 12:33:57 PM4/19/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Sheila ji

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 22, 2022, 7:35:46 AM4/22/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Saroj Kasaju
But I find calyx more closer to images at Weigela floribunda rather than those at Weigela florida
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 22, 2022, 9:37:34 AM4/22/22
to efloraofindia
OK.
I very much doubt that it is Weigela floribunda as this is extremely rare and in all UK only one nursery was selling it...Crug farm ...in North Wales.
Sue and Blethyn are plant hunters and used to collect seeds to grow many rare plants.

I recognise/know  Weigela but have never studied the calyx.

Another  common one in UK is Weigela middendorffiana...it usually has yellow flowers.

Very few Weigela flower buds on www showing the calyx.

J.M. Garg

Apr 27, 2022, 11:45:23 AM4/27/22
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Sheila Sadd
Aren't there many cultivars?
It may be one of them.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 27, 2022, 1:39:04 PM4/27/22
to efloraofindia

Many cultivars of Weigela florida...over 20
None listed in my Plantfinder for Weigela floribunda.

There are many fabulous very special gardens in Cornwall.....  Caerhays/Trewithen,/ Trebah/ Llanhydroch, etc etc
If it was in a special garden...then there is a slight possibility of something rare/unusual.
But if in an ordinary garden at Gorran Haven then very unlikely to be the rare Weigela.

I have very little knowledge of Weigela.

My pics below. None show bud close ups.