Commelnaceae sp for ID

raju das

Nov 13, 2010, 9:12:23 AM11/13/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
I have photographed this Commelinaceae member at Western Assam. Plz
help me to identify this sp.
Date/Time- 07/11/2010- 10:45 AM
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Kokrajhar, Assam, Alt 90m
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild Type

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Herb (growing in the open
deciduous habitat)

Plant Height/Length- 60-75 cm (Tallest of all commelinaceae I have
ever seen in the area)

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- 9-15.5-2.5-4.5cm

Inflorescence Type/ Size- Twin in head 0.8-1.8 cm

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- White

I have seen 4 pairs of flowers in this single plant. Very scarcely distributed.
SL No 071110 ef 001

--
Raju Das
Nature's Foster

Comm 01.jpg
Comm 04.jpg
Comm 02.jpg
Comm 05.jpg
Comm 03.jpg
Comm 06.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 1, 2010, 2:50:25 PM12/1/10
to efloraofindia, raju das, TANAY BOSE, Dinesh Valke
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2010, 12:38:23 AM12/21/10
to efloraofindia, raju das, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Dr. M. K. Pathak, Mayur Nandikar, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Dec 21, 2010, 12:54:39 AM12/21/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, raju das, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Dr. M. K. Pathak, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Hello
This species is very close to Commelina kurzii but can't confirm without capsule and seed
Thank you
--
Mayur Nandikar
Research Student,

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 13, 2011, 9:44:45 PM1/13/11
to efloraofindia, raju das, Ritesh Choudhary, Mayur Nandikar
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

Earlier feedback

Mayur ji.............................................This species is very close to Commelina kurzii but can't confirm without capsule and seed

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Aug 1, 2021, 11:05:54 AM8/1/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as Commelina undulata ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 1, 2021, 11:06:49 AM8/1/21
to indiantreepix, raju das
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as Commelina undulata ?
Group discussion at

Aug 1, 2021, 12:19:32 PM8/1/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, mayur nandikar, raju das
I guess Commelina paludosa Blume.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 11, 2021, 6:20:14 AM8/11/21
to efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Comm 01.jpg
Comm 04.jpg
Comm 02.jpg
Comm 05.jpg
Comm 03.jpg
Comm 06.jpg

mayur nandikar

Aug 11, 2021, 6:42:55 AM8/11/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Agree with Saroj ji, but I feel we need to confirm which is only possible with the capsule and seeds.

sincerely,
Mayur

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 7, 2021, 3:56:11 AM9/7/21