For Id shrub- 040709JM1

J.M. Garg

Jul 4, 2009, 8:23:12 AM7/4/09
to indiantreepix
On 21/6/09 in Keesaraguda, near Hyderabad, AP. It was a stony area on a hillock.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For Id shrub in Keesaraguda, AP I IMG_9149.jpg
For Id shrub in Keesaraguda, AP I IMG_9150.jpg
For Id shrub in Keesaraguda, AP I IMG_9152.jpg
For Id shrub in Keesaraguda, AP I IMG_9153.jpg

Swapna Prabhu

Jul 4, 2009, 8:45:17 AM7/4/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
This is Cissus woodrowii.

-Swapna.
--
Dr. Swapna Prabhu
Systematic Botanist/ Taxonomist

J.M. Garg

Jul 4, 2009, 9:13:23 AM7/4/09
to Swapna Prabhu, indiantreepix
Thanks, Swapna ji.
Here is the FOI link: http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Woodrow's%20Grape%20Tree.html
But FOI link shows it as endemic to Western Ghats, but I think Keesaraguda near Hyderabad is not a part of Western Ghats as per link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Ghats. Is it not?

2009/7/4 Swapna Prabhu <swapna...@gmail.com>
This is Cissus woodrowii.

-Swapna.

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 5:53 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 21/6/09 in Keesaraguda, near Hyderabad, AP. It was a stony area on a hillock.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dr. Salim Ali Chawk
Mumbai - 400 001.
India.

Swapna Prabhu

Jul 4, 2009, 9:33:00 AM7/4/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
You have a point, Gargji. I have to check the distribution of this species. However no doubt this is C. woodrowii. And if you check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cissus, two photograph of this species are mentioned to be from Hyderabad.

-Swapna
--
Dr. Swapna Prabhu
Systematic Botanist/ Taxonomist
Bombay Natural History Society
Hornbil House, Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg

satish phadke

Jul 4, 2009, 11:59:34 AM7/4/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Excellent clear and bright pictures Garg ji.
It does appear to be Cissus woodrowii.........but the number of flowers per inflorescence in your picture are less than what I have observed. The season is perfect.
Satish Phadke

2009/7/4 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

JM Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 21, 2020, 2:07:56 AM1/21/20
to efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

For Id shrub in Keesaraguda, AP I IMG_9149.jpg
For Id shrub in Keesaraguda, AP I IMG_9150.jpg
For Id shrub in Keesaraguda, AP I IMG_9152.jpg
For Id shrub in Keesaraguda, AP I IMG_9153.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 21, 2020, 9:25:00 AM1/21/20
to radha veach, efloraofindia
Thanks, Radha ji