ID of this plant PLease?

Yazdy Palia

Jun 6, 2010, 1:45:43 AM6/6/10
to indiantreepix
Hello Friends,
ID of this plant please?

You have been sent 2 pictures.

DSCN2763.TIF
DSCN2764.TIF

DSCN2763.jpg
DSCN2764.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jun 6, 2010, 2:47:16 AM6/6/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
... ¿ Eranthemum ? species ... reminds me having seen this (such) plant so often, it is a pity cannot remember exactly which !!!!
Regards.

Dinesh Valke

Jun 6, 2010, 2:51:21 AM6/6/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
... on second thoughts, could be some species from Urticaceae family.
Regards.

R. Vijayasankar

Jun 6, 2010, 2:54:16 AM6/6/10
to Dinesh Valke, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
I too think its a member of urticaceae, Dinesh ji. Better let's wait till it flowers!

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

tanay bose

Jun 6, 2010, 6:45:13 AM6/6/10
to R. Vijayasankar, Dinesh Valke, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
If I am not wrong this plant is Tragia involucrata L. !!!
Tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 6, 2010, 6:50:30 AM6/6/10
to tanay bose, R. Vijayasankar, Dinesh Valke, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix

Smilax004

Jun 7, 2010, 2:42:01 AM6/7/10
to efloraofindia
This is not Tragia involucrata... I have a wild guess. but to confirm
you should get the flowers....
A Lamiaceaen member? close to Pogostemon... I do remember such a plant
in Kerala and Karnataka that has a nice nice smell of some good candy
flavor. If so, it can be a Lamiacean member.

Regards
Giby

On Jun 6, 3:50 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tanay
> The leaves and venation don't suggest Tragia involucrata
>
> http://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/...
>
> <http://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/...>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 4:15 PM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If I am not wrong this plant is *Tragia involucrata* L. !!!
> > Tanay
>
> > On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 12:24 PM, R. Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com
> > > wrote:
>
> >> I too think its a member of urticaceae, Dinesh ji. Better let's wait till
> >> it flowers!
>
> >> With regards
>
> >> R. Vijayasankar

> >>  --
>
> > --
> > Tanay Bose
> > +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> > 9830439691(Mobile)
>
> >  --
> > .

Dinesh Valke

Jun 7, 2010, 3:05:11 AM6/7/10
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Many thanks Giby ji ... your hint reminds me the sight of Orthosiphon (rubicundus) in Western Ghats in vicinity of Mumbai and Thane.
Views of it in my flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=91314344@N00&q=Orthosiphonrubicundus&m=tags

J.M. Garg

Jun 20, 2010, 2:50:39 AM6/20/10
to efloraofindia, Smilax004, Dinesh Valke, Yazdy Palia, tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter pl.

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

“This is not Tragia involucrata... I have a wild guess. but to confirm

you should get the flowers....
A Lamiaceaen member? close to Pogostemon... I do remember such a plant
in Kerala and Karnataka that has a nice nice smell of some good candy
flavor. If so, it can be a Lamiacean member.

Regards
Giby”

“Many thanks Giby ji ... your hint reminds me the sight of Orthosiphon (rubicundus) in Western Ghats in vicinity of Mumbai and Thane.
Views of it in my flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=91314344@N00&q=Orthosiphonrubicundus&m=tags” from Dinesh ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSCN2763.jpg
DSCN2764.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 15, 2021, 2:18:15 AM10/15/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Orthosiphon species
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 15, 2021, 2:19:16 AM10/15/21
to indiantreepix, Yazdy Palia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Orthosiphon species
Group discussion at

Oct 15, 2021, 5:02:50 AM10/15/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Yazdy Palia
Difficult to ID with these images !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju