364 ID wild climber

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 9, 2022, 2:14:43 PM9/9/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild climber, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 07SEP2022, 11.30am

Habitat: wild moisture, misty hill, wind

Plant habit: climbing, branches, hard woody stem 07 inches base circumference, rough black bark, hooks, long lasting

Height: 06 meters

Leaves: alternate, pinnate, leaflets opposite, elliptic, acute, simple glossy, size:14×7cm

Flower: axillary panicle racemose, clustered, diameter:07mm, off-white, bad fragrance

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x

20220907113836_IMG_1045.JPG
20220907113118_IMG_1029.JPG
20220907113953_IMG_1049.JPG
20220907113144_IMG_1031.JPG
20220907113615_IMG_1039.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 9, 2022, 2:17:10 PM9/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220907114251_IMG_1056.JPG
20220907114041_IMG_1051.JPG
20220907114327_IMG_1057.JPG
20220907114218_IMG_1054.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 9, 2022, 2:18:17 PM9/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220907115622_IMG_1089.JPG
20220907114732_IMG_1061.JPG
20220907114910_IMG_1067.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 9, 2022, 2:19:17 PM9/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220907115355_IMG_1082.JPG
20220907115938_IMG_1092.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2022, 10:35:41 PM9/9/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Try to check
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/01/18/lauraceae/
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

radha veach

Sep 10, 2022, 12:11:53 AM9/10/22
to eFloraofIndia
 Please check Strychnos sp.

regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2022, 12:26:01 AM9/10/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, radha veach
Thanks, Radha ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 10, 2022, 1:42:37 AM9/10/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach
Yes, it is very close to Strychnos minor, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Sep 15, 2022, 4:05:36 AM9/15/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, radha veach

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Try to check
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/01/18/lauraceae/
--
With regards,

J. M. Garg

Please check Strychnos sp.
regards

Radha

Yes, it is very close to Strychnos minor, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

I think flowers look different as per images at
https://apps.lucidcentral.org/rainforest/text/entities/strychnos_minor.htm

Also could not find a match as per
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/01/18/lauraceae/- from me

With regards,
J.M.Garg
20220907115622_IMG_1089 rs.JPG
20220907113615_IMG_1039 rs.JPG
20220907113144_IMG_1031 rs.JPG
20220907113953_IMG_1049 rs.JPG
20220907113118_IMG_1029 rs.JPG
20220907113836_IMG_1045 rs.JPG
20220907115355_IMG_1082 rs.JPG
20220907114910_IMG_1067 rs.JPG
20220907115938_IMG_1092 rs.JPG
20220907114732_IMG_1061 rs.JPG
20220907114041_IMG_1051 rs.JPG
20220907114251_IMG_1056 rs.JPG
20220907114218_IMG_1054 rs.JPG
20220907114327_IMG_1057 rs.JPG

Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Sep 15, 2022, 4:36:42 AM9/15/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, radha veach
  •  Strychnos vanprukii Craib - Mothirakanjiram is distributed in Kerala - Please check the match with description in the local flora.
Thanks & regards
Dr. Santhan P
Industrial R&D expert, Plant taxonomist
Author of the Books "Trees of our Life" (Botany, Chemistry, Medicine).
Medicinal Plants of commercial importance
9444813474/9620389349 (What's app)

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 15, 2022, 4:39:09 AM9/15/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach
Thanks a lot dear Garg ji for forwarding my request for plant ID, with kind regards, Sam.

Girish Kumar

Sep 18, 2022, 1:25:32 PM9/18/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, radha veach
Strychnos colubrina.....?

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 18, 2022, 1:45:37 PM9/18/22
to Girish Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach
Dear Girish ji,
Thank you very much for the ID suggestion. Flower image is very close to flowersofindia website image, but my plant is a true woody climber having bad smelled flowers.  With kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Sep 22, 2022, 1:40:13 AM9/22/22
to efloraofindia, radha veach, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Santhan P, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Thanks, Santhan ji and Girish ji.
I think it appears close to images by Dr. M.Sanjappa at Strychnos lenticellata, as per Flora of Peninsular india.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
20220907115622_IMG_1089 rs.JPG
20220907113615_IMG_1039 rs.JPG
20220907113144_IMG_1031 rs.JPG
20220907113953_IMG_1049 rs.JPG
20220907113118_IMG_1029 rs.JPG
20220907113836_IMG_1045 rs.JPG
20220907115355_IMG_1082 rs.JPG
20220907114910_IMG_1067 rs.JPG
20220907115938_IMG_1092 rs.JPG
20220907114732_IMG_1061 rs.JPG
20220907114041_IMG_1051 rs.JPG
20220907114251_IMG_1056 rs.JPG
20220907114218_IMG_1054 rs.JPG
20220907114327_IMG_1057 rs.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 22, 2022, 2:15:06 AM9/22/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach, Santhan P, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Dear Garg ji, Radha ji, Santhan ji, Girish ji, all Members,
Yes, it is very close to Strychnos lenticellata, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 26, 2022, 1:22:23 AM9/26/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach, Santhan P, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Dear All,
Sharing stem images and more informations.

Plant habit: climbing, branches, hard woody flaked stem 07 inches base circumference, rough black bark, hooks/tendrils, ringed stem nodes, roots on stem in favourable circumstances, long lasting

Supporting tree: Xanthophyllum flavescens
20220923123801_IMG_1753.JPG
20220923123903_IMG_1755.JPG
20220923123614_IMG_1751.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 26, 2022, 3:45:43 AM9/26/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach, Santhan P, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Sharing an image.
20220923123903_IMG_1755.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 26, 2022, 8:54:43 PM9/26/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, radha veach, Santhan P, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Thanks, Sam ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg