Shrub for ID from UCBG-GS23032022-1

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 23, 2022, 8:57:27 AM3/23/22
to efloraofindia
Please help with the ID of this shrub photographed University of California Botanical Garden

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Dubia-shrub-DSC00858-a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 23, 2022, 8:58:18 AM3/23/22
to efloraofindia
one more image

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dubia-shrub-DSC00859-a.jpg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 23, 2022, 9:25:42 AM3/23/22
to efloraofindia
Buddleja globosa

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 23, 2022, 9:27:07 AM3/23/22
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2022, 8:47:25 PM3/23/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Sheila ji.
You are a genius.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 24, 2022, 2:24:55 AM3/24/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks Sheila ji for solving my long pending ID

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 24, 2022, 5:54:25 AM3/24/22
to efloraofindia
Dear all,
I would love to help more but find this site  really difficult to navigate compared to any other.
I spend many hours a day on forums helping a little, to id plants for others.
Every day is a school day and I learn.

Normally if there is a new thread with just one post you know the  query has yet to be  answered.
On other forums ALL the  pics are posted at the start of the thread.
When I posted my  recent query here I put all my pics in one thread/one post ...not 5 posts
It is so very frustrating that you cannot see all relevant detail  together in one place.
These forums don't allow for any additions or editing.

Here the norm on one thread is to see 6 posts . So I assume mystery plant has been answered by others.
Only to find the previous  6 posts are  images .....one per post ......and it has not been answered.
Or no answer but comments such as excellent image.

Here there is no way to see which threads I have commented on.
So for example if someone came along on this thread and said Sheila Ji you are wrong it is not Buddleja... I would never know.
On other forums my avatar appears on any thread that I have posted answers. I can check.
Fight my corner, give additional info as to why I still believe I am correct.

Maybe it is because you take an interest in how many posts someone makes...so the more single pics posts per thread the more points are acquired.
It is not a competition to score points!
Quality is far better than quantity!
Sorry if I have offended you.
Sheila.

J.M. Garg

Mar 24, 2022, 6:28:38 AM3/24/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd
Thanks, Sheila ji.
That is fine.
Yes, here there may be many images in initial mails from some members as they post high res. images and Google groups do not allow more than 7 mb attachments at a time.
Yes, then sometimes many thank you mails to keep appreciating the posting members for all the hard work.
As all these go to our site https://efloraofindia.com/, many a times high res. images are important to see finer details and they certainly offer much better quality.
Yes, of course, pros and cons of all things.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg