Forwarding :Large mushooms on a tree stump

Devendra Bhardwaj

Sep 19, 2009, 9:21:44 PM9/19/09
to indiantreepix, kiran srivastava, nabha meghani
Forwarding again for further discussion on Id confirmation pl.
Earlier relevant feedback

found these large mushrooms growing on a broken stump in Sanjay
Gandhi National Park, Mumbai. The upper side is soft and velvety. Some
fungi thrive on dead wood and some have a symbiotic relationship with
living trees. Any clues to its identity please?

Cheers,
Kiran Srivastava
Mumbai

Hi all
I think the family is Pleurotaceae. they grow from the side of the wood.
Regards
Nalini

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

033-2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 20, 2009, 3:47:42 AM9/20/09
to indiantreepix, Inderjeet Sethi, nabha meghani, kiran srivastava

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

033-2.jpg

Inderjeet Sethi

Sep 20, 2009, 4:14:40 AM9/20/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, nabha meghani, kiran srivastava
To me it looks like Pleurotus ostreatus.
IK Sethi

JM Garg

May 5, 2020, 4:16:01 AM5/5/20
to Devendra Bhardwaj, efloraofindia, Suhaib Yatoo
033-2.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 8, 2020, 8:34:28 AM5/8/20
to Devendra Bhardwaj, efloraofindia, Suhaib Yatoo
Any help, Suhaib ji?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

J.M. Garg

May 11, 2020, 11:57:45 PM5/11/20
to Devendra Bhardwaj, efloraofindia, Suhaib Yatoo

J.M. Garg

May 17, 2020, 1:35:41 AM5/17/20
to Devendra Bhardwaj, efloraofindia, Suhaib Yatoo

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2020, 11:33:13 PM5/21/20
to Devendra Bhardwaj, efloraofindia, Suhaib Yatoo