Tree for ID : Mumbai : 26APR21 : AK-21

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 26, 2021, 12:44:47 PM4/26/21
to efloraofindia
Tree seen in Mumbai last week.
Meliaceae?
Aarti
20210423_105111.jpg
20210423_105114.jpg
20210423_105117.jpg

radha veach

Apr 26, 2021, 8:18:04 PM4/26/21
to efloraofindia
It reminds me of Swietenia mahogani

regards
Radha

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 26, 2021, 9:47:12 PM4/26/21
to efloraofindia, radhaveach
Thanks Radha Ji.
You may be right since there are many Mahogany trees in this area.
Regards,
Aarti

Mahadeswara

Apr 26, 2021, 11:54:56 PM4/26/21
to efloraofindia
Please post the picture of the  foliage showing clearly the leaves .

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 27, 2021, 2:26:24 AM4/27/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Mahadeswara Ji.
These are the only images I have.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

May 2, 2021, 2:54:00 AM5/2/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, M Swamy
Pl. post a high resolution image to check the details.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAJ6xDqZ-NO1-RLiUqPhhUA%2BmcVe15ibb3jHcrqQMMA8GURD1YQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 8, 2021, 4:16:04 AM5/8/21
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, M Swamy, radha veach
Thanks, Aart ji

On Mon, 3 May 2021 at 07:38, Aarti S. Khale <aarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Garg Ji,
Adding the images.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 8, 2021, 4:17:45 AM5/8/21
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, M Swamy, radha veach
Thanks, Radha ji.
As leaves appear to be large, it maybe Swietenia macrophylla
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

radha veach

May 8, 2021, 9:41:34 AM5/8/21
to efloraofindia
Yes, it may be. I could not decide, but the bark reminds me of S. mahogani.

Regards
Radha

Aarti S. Khale

May 8, 2021, 10:35:31 AM5/8/21
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, radhaveach
Thanks Radha Ji and Garg Ji.
I will try to take more pictures and post.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

May 14, 2021, 2:02:23 AM5/14/21
to efloraofindia, radha veach, Aarti S. Khale
Hi, Radha ji,
Bark of old trees of Swietenia macrophylla is also like this, as per images herein.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

May 16, 2021, 12:37:20 PM5/16/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach
Garg Ji, Radha Ji,
I could click pictures of the leaves today.
Hope these help.
Regards,
Aarti
20210516_102001.jpg
20210516_102018.jpg
20210516_102007.jpg

Mahadeswara

May 16, 2021, 11:52:43 PM5/16/21
to efloraofindia

Swietania  mahogany &   S. macrophylla  are common trees in South India and grown as avenue trees.   But I have never seen such type of leaves anywhere either in Tamil Nadu or Karnataka .  I am surprised to see these variations if at all the ID is correct.

radha veach

May 17, 2021, 1:14:59 AM5/17/21
to Aarti S. Khale, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Hello Aarti,

Just going on the trees I know of these two species the one in your photos has an overall look of S. mahogani. As Garg ji has mentioned the leaves look large so he may be correct. If I could see the tree I could be sure.
Regards
Radha

Aarti S. Khale

May 18, 2021, 4:23:54 AM5/18/21
to radha veach, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Radha Ji.
You are welcome to come and have a look.
Regards,
Aarti