Herb for id 290110MK3

Muthu Karthick

Jan 29, 2010, 6:06:36 AM1/29/10
to indiantreepix
Dear members,
Please help to id this herb found on marsh, aquatic areas along the river bank. Herbivores graze this.
I have not found any reproductive structures in this plant.
Place: Moyar river, Nilgiris
Date:  23 Jan 2010

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Muthu Karthick

Jan 29, 2010, 6:13:39 AM1/29/10
to indiantreepix
b 151.jpg
b 152.jpg
Herb.JPG
Herb (1).JPG
Herb (2).JPG

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Jan 29, 2010, 6:53:20 AM1/29/10
to efloraofindia
How about some species of Plantago?
Pankaj

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Jan 29, 2010, 7:00:27 AM1/29/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Muthu
Can you post them separately plz. There are more than one species.
Pankaj

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jan 29, 2010, 7:39:09 AM1/29/10
to efloraofindia
They appear to be species of Cryptocoryne, an Araceae member. The
vegetative growth comes as the river bed dries and the elongate
spathes will emerge after a few days. Regards, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

>  b 151.jpg
> 324KViewDownload
>
>  b 152.jpg
> 250KViewDownload

Muthu Karthick

Jan 30, 2010, 2:15:29 AM1/30/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Yes sir, we need to wait for the spathes to come up, for conclusive confirmation.

Muthu Karthick

Jan 30, 2010, 2:28:47 AM1/30/10
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dr. Pankaj ji,
I hope they all same species. Leaf variation.

Pankaj

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Jan 30, 2010, 8:30:08 AM1/30/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Muthu,
I am sorry for wrong information. I think I had overlooked the
pictures. Those indeed belong to the same plant, as identified by
Shrikant sir.
This plant is very commonly used in aquariums. I have never seen those
leaves outside water!
Thanks for sharing and I apologize for misidentification.
Regards
Pankaj

J.M. Garg

Mar 3, 2010, 12:21:29 AM3/3/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Muthu Karthick, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, grassman, Rani Bhagat

Earlier relevant feedback:

“They appear to be species of Cryptocoryne, an Araceae member. The

vegetative growth comes as the river bed dries and the elongate

spathes will emerge after a few days. Regards, Shrikant Ingalhalikar”

“Yes sir, we need to wait for the spathes to come up, for conclusive confirmation.” from Muthu ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

b 151.jpg
b 152.jpg
Herb.JPG
Herb (1).JPG
Herb (2).JPG

Bhatt Sweta

Mar 4, 2010, 12:06:35 AM3/4/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Muthu Karthick, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, grassman, Rani Bhagat
Could it be one of the tuberous plant? As many grow along the coastal area as well..

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 21, 2021, 8:10:52 AM4/21/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID