75 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 23, 2021, 1:25:32 PM4/23/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, regards, Sam.

Name of plant:

Location:         near Reserve Forest,

                        Chathamattom, Ernakulam

                        District, Kerala PIN:686671

Date:.               06.04.2021, 12.05pm

Altitude:           1700fsl

Habitat:            wild moisture

Plant habit:      creeping, aromatic, hairy,

                        weak stem, fully green filled

                        with water

Height:             02 feet

Leaves:            aromatic, opposite, heart

                         shaped, toothed margins

Flower:             size:2×5×3mm violet, fragrant

Camera:           mobile LG K10 2017 13mp

                         +macro lens

75 Identify wild plant
20210406_115509.jpg
20210406_115645.jpg
20210406_121719.jpg
20210406_115416(1).jpg
20210406_122058.jpg
20210406_121836.jpg
20210406_121629.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 23, 2021, 1:35:20 PM4/23/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20210406_120025.jpg
20210406_115922.jpg
20210406_121929.jpg
20210406_120331.jpg
20210406_120145.jpg
20210406_120101.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 23, 2021, 1:37:53 PM4/23/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20210406_115758.jpg
20210406_115535.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Apr 23, 2021, 1:38:33 PM4/23/21
to efloraofindia
Plectranthus barbatus,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 04/23/21, 11:07:36 PM

Mahadeswara

Apr 24, 2021, 12:25:42 AM4/24/21
to efloraofindia
Nice photos.
One suggestion:  In all your postings  it is better if you also post habit  pictures along with foliage (branches etc.). This helps   for proper ID.

J.M. Garg

Apr 24, 2021, 10:04:55 AM4/24/21
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Apr 24, 2021, 10:36:20 AM4/24/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Mr. Sam ji.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFCoW_jhxrB9FwMNUfiAE8SCWPJcrt81%3D1a70VzyaWA%2Bfw%40mail.gmail.com.

J.M. Garg

Apr 30, 2021, 3:28:36 AM4/30/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy, efloraofindia
Thanks, Sam ji.
But small size of the inflorescence is creating a doubt in my mind as per images at Plectranthus amboinicus
Looks different from Plectranthus barbatus

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 at 15:02, Sam Kuzhalanattu <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Garg ji, Paradesi ji, Mahadeswara ji,
Sharing habitat image (young stems are eaten by cattle).
Thank you very much for identified the plant, but flower image is more similar to Plectranthus amboinicus, kind regards, Sam.

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021, 1:14 pm J.M. Garg, <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Apr 30, 2021, 5:37:28 AM4/30/21
to J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
No, doubt, I am sure it is Plectranthus amboinicus (cultivated). Every year, seemed many flower bunches. But this year I saw only one flower bloomed, it is because remaining portion of the bunch plucked by kids, and after photography, fully eaten by my cow, kind regards, Sam.