100619AB2 ID

Alok

Jun 10, 2019, 12:55:59 AM6/10/19
to efloraofindia
Hi,

Identification, please. Providing a high resolution picture so that one can zoom in to see the details of the leaves and leafing pattern.

Date/Time- November 4, 2017; 09:09 hrs
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Eastern Melghat; 21°17.483' N, 77°22.530' E
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  Shrub
Height/Length- 4’ Height
Flower-
Fruit-

Sincerely,
Alok

DSCN1598.JPG

Santhan P

Jun 10, 2019, 2:28:07 AM6/10/19
to efloraofindia

Bridelia stipularis (L.) Blume

Alok

Jun 10, 2019, 2:37:37 AM6/10/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks, Mr Santhan!

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 11, 2019, 3:31:49 AM6/11/19
to efloraofindia
Seems to be B. montana.

J.M. Garg

Jun 21, 2019, 3:54:32 AM6/21/19
to efloraofindia, Alok Bang, Santhan P, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Bridelia stipularis (L.) Blume- from Santhan ji.

Seems to be B. montana. - from Paradesi ji

efi site pages on Bridelia stipularis and Bridelia montana

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

DSCN1598.JPG

Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Jun 21, 2019, 5:13:58 AM6/21/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alok Bang, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Yes it is Bridelia montana (Roxb.) Willd.
Thanks &regards
Dr. Santhan P
Industrial R&D expert, Plant taxonomist
Author of the Book "Trees of our Life" Botany, Chemistry, Medicine
9444813474/9620389349

Alok

Jun 21, 2019, 5:24:28 AM6/21/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks Mr Garg, Mr Santhan!
Alok

J.M. Garg

Jun 27, 2019, 12:54:29 AM6/27/19
to efloraofindia, Alok Bang, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Santhan P
I think more closer to images at Bridelia stipularis rather than those at Bridelia montana
But not sure of the id.

Jun 27, 2019, 3:32:07 AM6/27/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alok Bang, Santhan P
There is doubt in Bridelia montana, Dumb sure it's not Stipularis.
I also collected both plant specimens.
With regards.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 27, 2019, 4:34:40 AM6/27/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alok Bang, Santhan P
There is no doubt in Bridelia montana, Dumb sure it's not Stipularis.
I also collected both plant specimens.
With regards.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 27, 2019, 4:42:56 AM6/27/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alok Bang, Santhan P
As per picture I think collected from the deciduous forest, open scrub jungles,
 B. stupularis habit is moist deciduous and especially water flowing areas( streams).

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jun 27, 2019, 5:01:14 AM6/27/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alok Bang, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Santhan P
Location?

J.M. Garg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jun 27, 2019, 5:17:37 AM6/27/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alok Bang, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Santhan P
I think Bridelia stipularis is correct identification.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 27, 2019, 7:30:21 AM6/27/19
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alok Bang, Santhan P
First three B. montana another three B. stipularis.
this is my identification.

On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 at 16:58, Paradesi Anjaneyulu <paradesia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Respected Dr. Tapas, sir,
 I have doubt in this, please, am earlier identified like this, is it correct or wrong.

Kindly request to you, please.

Bridelia stipularis Bridelia montana

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jun 27, 2019, 7:32:41 AM6/27/19
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alok Bang, Santhan P
The single image which was posted is not at all clear.
All the present images are certainly of Bridelia montana.
Thank you.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 4:58 PM Paradesi Anjaneyulu <paradesia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Respected Dr. Tapas, sir,
 I have doubt in this, please, am earlier identified like this, is it correct or wrong.

Kindly request to you, please.

Bridelia stipularis Bridelia montana

Alok

Jul 1, 2019, 2:57:43 AM7/1/19
to efloraofindia
Pardesi ji,
You are right about the habitat. Collctedfrom dry deciduous forests degraded to open scrub ones. Not moist deciduous, and not close to a water stream.
Alok
Location?