Tree for Id_ MP

Neha Singh

Apr 11, 2022, 5:16:49 AM4/11/22
to efloraofindia
Hello Friends,
Sharing pictures of a tree for identification.
This tree was found standing near a lake in the wild at the MP-Chhattisgarh border.
Height--Appx 35 feet
Kindly help in identification.

--
Thanks
Best Regards

Neha Singh
 FORREST

Tree for id MP (1).JPG
Tree for id MP _Fruits.JPG
Tree for id MP _Leaves.JPG
Tree for id MP _Fruits_.JPG
Tree for id MP _Habit.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 11, 2022, 5:21:59 AM4/11/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Neha Singh, Tapas Chakrabarty
Bridelia retusa (L.) Spreng. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Neha Singh

Apr 11, 2022, 5:57:51 AM4/11/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty
Saroj Ji , tree did not match with the Bridelia species.
And localities told us that fruits are not edible.

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 11, 2022, 6:08:23 AM4/11/22
to Neha Singh, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty
OK !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Rakesh Biswas

Apr 11, 2022, 7:28:31 AM4/11/22
to indiantreepix, Neha Singh, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty
Diospyros melanoxylon locally known as Tendu is common in that region and the fruits are edible too.

Check out images of the same and let us know.

Neha Singh

Apr 11, 2022, 7:43:22 AM4/11/22
to Rakesh Biswas, indiantreepix, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty
Rakesh Ji  I doubt.
I know Diospyros melanoxylon well. It was not that tree.
Fruits were smaller and not edible.

vip...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2022, 9:01:41 AM4/11/22
to efloraofindia

Cleistanthus collinus (Roxb.) Benth. ex Hook.f. [Phyllanthaceae].

Best wishes, Viplav

Rakesh Biswas

Apr 11, 2022, 9:27:19 AM4/11/22
to indiantreepix
Thanks. Nice learning points.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Apr 11, 2022, 12:49:45 PM4/11/22
to efloraofindia
It's Cleistanthus collinus only, I agree with Viplav JI,
With regards.

J.M. Garg

Apr 11, 2022, 8:44:25 PM4/11/22
to efloraofindia, Neha Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, vip...@gmail.com
Thanks, Viplav ji and Paradesi ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Neha Singh

Apr 12, 2022, 12:12:39 AM4/12/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, vip...@gmail.com
Garg ji, I could not see messages from Viplav ji and Paradesi ji.
Would like to see their comments for identification.
Can you please forward.
Thanks for identification.

J.M. Garg

Apr 12, 2022, 12:36:21 AM4/12/22