Konkan, May 2014 :: Requesting ID of this tree/climber :: 01JUN014 :: ARK-02

Alka Khare

Jun 1, 2014, 4:42:22 AM6/1/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends

Requesting to please ID this tree/climber captured near Devgad, Maharashtra in May 2014.
I was told the fruits are called 'shengati' or 'shengti' in Marathi.

Thanks and Regards
Alka Khare

DSC00856.JPG
DSC00857.JPG
DSC00860.JPG
DSC00862.JPG
DSC00863.JPG

Neil Soares

Jun 1, 2014, 10:43:31 AM6/1/14
to Alka Khare, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 This is a species of Capparis possibly C.moonii.

My photographs of an allied species C.zeylanica for comparison are available at these links :

                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

Google Groups
Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.
Preview by Yahoo

Gurumurthi Hegde

Jun 2, 2014, 12:33:39 AM6/2/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com, alk...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com
Agree with Dr. Neil.

 Capparis moonii Wight

Acuminate,( also a short tailed)  tipped, shining leaves,  and long gynophore are significant in this species.

Alka Khare

Jun 2, 2014, 2:50:25 AM6/2/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com, alk...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com
Thank you Neil ji and Gurumurthi ji for ID

Regards
Alka Khare

Neil Soares

Jun 2, 2014, 2:57:00 AM6/2/14
to Alka Khare, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 You are most welcome. My photographs of the flowers of Capparis moonii are available at this link :

                With regards,
                  Neil Soares.

Google Groups
Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.
Preview by Yahoo

Alka Khare

Feb 21, 2021, 12:54:06 AM2/21/21
to efloraofindia
Attaching the flowers of this plant.
Saw it flowering in the last week of December 2020.
This was earlier identified as Capparis moonii.

Looking at the flowers, am a bit confused between Capparis moonii and C. zeylanica.
How do we differentiate between them?

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

Capparis_Padel Aadvan_IMG_5478.JPG
Capparis_Padel AadvanIMG_5476.JPG
Capparis_Padel Aadvan_IMG_5477.JPG
Capparis_Padel Aadvan_IMG_5479.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 21, 2021, 2:07:19 AM2/21/21
to efloraindia

Capparis zeylanica L.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Feb 21, 2021, 12:35:30 PM2/21/21
to efloraofindia
Leaves and Flowers have alternate seasons each other........Capparis zeylanica
Above characters at the same time.............................................Capparis moonii,

With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 02/21/21, 10:56:20 PM

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Feb 21, 2021, 12:43:25 PM2/21/21
to efloraofindia
When overlapping the above characters 👇

Stamens 20-50.....zeylanica
Stamens 55-80....moonii,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 02/21/21, 11:09:36 PM

J.M. Garg

Feb 25, 2021, 5:42:59 AM2/25/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
Based on the above, I will go for Capparis zeylanica L.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 25, 2021, 10:39:19 AM2/25/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Alka

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Alka Khare

Feb 28, 2021, 12:06:18 AM2/28/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji and Saroj ji.

Even I was leaning towards C. zeylanica.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 2, 2021, 9:58:42 AM3/2/21