30 Aug 2019 VNR 03: Acalypha sps for id

Naga Raju

Sep 9, 2019, 8:04:13 AM9/9/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Identification request:

Date: 30.08.2019

Location- Place: Amadagur, Anantapur Dist. Andhra Pradesh.

Altitude: 651 m

Habitat- Wild (Common weed)

Plant Habit- Annual Herb

Height/Length- up to 40 cm

Leaves Shape: Deltoid

Inflorescence TypeAxillary, 3-8.

Bracts- Bracts shorter than the calyx, with glands.

It is very closely allied to my previous post (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/indiantreepix/nagaraju%7Csort:date/indiantreepix/oWn0yZBhw20/U3rjOCsBBgAJ), but glands present on the stem & Petiole and Deltoid Leaf are the different characters.

IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG
20190906_073110.jpg
IMG_0651.JPG
20190906_072945.jpg
IMG_0662.JPG
IMG_0670.JPG

dr.rakesh Singh

Sep 9, 2019, 8:54:27 AM9/9/19
to efloraofindia
Acalypha lanceolata

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2019, 10:21:24 PM9/9/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, Naga Raju
Thanks, Rakesh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 18, 2019, 7:07:09 AM9/18/19
to efloraofindia, Naga Raju, dr.rakesh Singh
I got keys at Flora of Medak District, Andhra Pradesh, India By T. Pullaiah, Chintala Prabhakar, B. Ravi Prasad Rao (Description & Keys- Acalypha ciliata, Acalypha indica, Acalypha lanceolata & Acalypha malabarica) as below:
Capsules hispid, bracts with glandular hairs- Acalypha malabarica
Capsules glabrous, bracts without glandular hairs- Acalypha lanceaolata

In view, I will go for Acalypha malabarica

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG
20190906_073110.jpg
IMG_0651.JPG
20190906_072945.jpg
IMG_0662.JPG
IMG_0670.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 18, 2019, 11:20:30 PM9/18/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, Naga Raju, DineshValke, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks a lot, Balakrishnan ji.