third species of cordia

PRASANNA GOGATE

Jun 10, 2014, 8:18:54 AM6/10/14
to efloraofindia
orange colour fruits . non leathery leaves, pubesent
DSC00840.JPG
DSC00837.JPG
DSC00838.JPG
DSC00839.JPG

Gurumurthi Hegde

Jun 11, 2014, 12:36:39 AM6/11/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Not a sp. of Cordia. This is  Gmelina arborea Roxb.

J.M. Garg

Jun 22, 2019, 2:10:13 AM6/22/19
to efloraofindia, prasanna gogate, GURUMURTHI HEGDE

Looks different from fruiting images at Gmelina arborea
Also could not find a match as per comparative images at Cordia
Thought of Diospyros, but could not find a match as per comparative images herein, for the species available so far in efi site.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

DSC00840.JPG
DSC00837.JPG
DSC00838.JPG
DSC00839.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 22, 2019, 5:05:41 AM6/22/19
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, prasanna gogate
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.

On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 at 13:42, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
It is Cordia only
A.Lalithamba

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 23, 2019, 1:52:50 AM6/23/19
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, prasanna gogate
Yes, it is Cordia only; am also agree with Lalithamba ma'am.
Check it once C. macleodii.

with regards.

J.M. Garg

Jun 23, 2019, 3:03:53 AM6/23/19
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, prasanna gogate, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks, Paradesi ji,
Appears close as per Cordia macleodii
But I am not sure.

J.M. Garg

May 23, 2020, 11:49:35 PM5/23/20
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Some earlier relevant feedback:

It is Cordia only

A.Lalithamba

Yes, it is Cordia only; am also agree with Lalithamba ma'am.

Check it once C. macleodii. - from Paradesi ji

Thanks, Paradesi ji,
Appears close as per Cordia macleodii
But I am not sure. - from me

On further checking, I found it to be different from Cordia macleodii- from me

orange colour fruits . non leathery leaves, pubesent

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

DSC00840.JPG
DSC00837.JPG
DSC00838.JPG
DSC00839.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 24, 2020, 2:02:43 AM5/24/20
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.

On Sun, 24 May 2020 at 10:25, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
it is Cordia gharaf; leaf base acute to rounded, margin entire to shallowly crenate, fruit calyx recurved ,
--
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

May 24, 2020, 2:10:38 AM5/24/20
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Cuscuta gharaf is a syn. of Cordia sinensis (CoL and POWO) and leaves and fruits both look different as per images and details herein.

J.M. Garg

May 24, 2020, 2:12:29 AM5/24/20
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Correct wording:
Cordia gharaf is a syn. of Cordia sinensis (CoL and POWO) and leaves and fruits both look different as per images and details herein.

J.M. Garg

May 24, 2020, 2:15:56 AM5/24/20
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Also I could not find a similar specimen in GBIF.

navendu page

May 24, 2020, 4:07:39 AM5/24/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Yes, I too think its C. macleodii

Navendu

Navendu Page

Scientist-C
Wildlife Institute of India,
Dehradun - 248001.
Ph: +91 9611053510

Lalithamba Avadhanam

May 24, 2020, 5:41:09 AM5/24/20
to navendu page, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
thank you, fruiting calyx different from our specimen
--
A.Lalithamba

S Kasim .

May 27, 2020, 6:20:24 AM5/27/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
To me it looks like Cordia monoica
With regards
S Kasim

J.M. Garg

May 27, 2020, 6:24:18 AM5/27/20
to S Kasim ., efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, navendu page
Thanks, Kasim ji.

J.M. Garg

May 27, 2020, 11:36:08 AM5/27/20
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, navendu page, S Kasim ., efloraofindia
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.

On Wed, 27 May 2020 at 20:35, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
leaf and fruiting calyx are quite different from C.monoica
--
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

Jun 1, 2020, 8:36:14 AM6/1/20
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Lalithamba Avadhanam, S Kasim .

Some earlier relevant feedback:

it is Cordia gharaf; leaf base acute to rounded, margin entire to shallowly crenate, fruit calyx recurved - from Lalithamba ji

Cordia gharaf is a syn. of Cordia sinensis (CoL and POWO) and leaves and fruits both look different as per images and details herein. Also I could not find a similar specimen in GBIF.- from me

Yes, I too think its C. macleodii

Navendu

thank you, fruiting calyx different from our specimen --

A.Lalithamba

To me it looks like Cordia monoica

With regards
S Kasim

leaf and fruiting calyx are quite different from C.monoica --

A.Lalithamba

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 9, 2021, 7:39:58 AM7/9/21
to efloraofindia