Need ID confirmation of this typical Lantana sp.

Sanjoy Singh

Oct 22, 2019, 6:21:00 AM10/22/19
to efloraofindia
The attached pictures show Lantana sp. with typical features of its stem and branches. Stem and branches are free from any kind of prickles in whole of its plant instead, they are smooth and sticky. Kindly, let me know the exact species of this Lantana plant.

This plant is widely distributed on the plains and hills of Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh.
IMG_3203.JPG
IMG_3189.JPG
IMG_3191.JPG
IMG_3204.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 22, 2019, 6:22:53 AM10/22/19
to efloraindia
Why two posts fro same ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 4:06 PM Sanjoy Singh <singhsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
The attached pictures show Lantana sp. with typical features of its stem and branches. Stem and branches are free from any kind of prickles in whole of its plant instead, they are smooth and sticky. Kindly, let me know the exact species of this Lantana plant.

This plant is widely distributed on the plains and hills of Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh.

dr.rakesh Singh

Oct 22, 2019, 7:26:19 AM10/22/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Typical Lantana camara sans prickles . Is it elevation speaking ?

Sanjoy Mutum

Oct 22, 2019, 7:48:37 AM10/22/19
to efloraofindia
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I was having a problem while uploading the first post due to low speed internet connection.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CACeZjXgD6j%3DR5HFdL5BbUz3KUwxpN%3Dq%2Bi0CbPmQXGb-tfjvK9Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Sanjoy Mutum

Oct 22, 2019, 7:55:32 AM10/22/19
to efloraofindia
Elevation is less than 500m above mean sea level

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 4:56 pm dr.rakesh Singh, <dr.rake...@gmail.com> wrote:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CACeZjXgD6j%3DR5HFdL5BbUz3KUwxpN%3Dq%2Bi0CbPmQXGb-tfjvK9Q%40mail.gmail.com.

dr.rakesh Singh

Oct 22, 2019, 8:19:03 AM10/22/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
In that case it can be a variant .

dr.rakesh Singh

Oct 23, 2019, 1:34:01 AM10/23/19
to efloraofindia, singhsa...@gmail.com
https://www.cabi.org/isc/datasheet/29771
From this comprehensive  link about lantana camara ,  I got this
lantana.PNG
Lantana camara var. lantana should be the autonym for non-prickle variety , though this name is not in use .
In the plant list , there are more than 20 synonyms , not all making sense .

ushadi

Oct 23, 2019, 5:05:45 AM10/23/19
to efloraofindia, Sanjoy Mutum
its the lantana weed