WEIRD interruptions

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 12, 2019, 11:09:53 PM8/12/19
to J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
 in last ten days or so
whenever i click on links in the threads in email from our group
as in this case the link you provided Mr. Garg ,

J.M. Garg

AttachmentsJul 28, 2019, 3:31 PM
to efloraofindiaAlka

I get this Screenshot

Its url is (SCREENSHOT)

screen shot.png

the url is screenshot:
sc2.png

sometimes it goes to our website page
but most often it just hangs

my virus protection says its repaired X number of dangerous sites (every evening when i go to turn off computer
never happened before

please tell me is there a problem
can google do something about this?
thanks

Usha di
===========

Dinesh Valke

Aug 12, 2019, 11:30:51 PM8/12/19
to Ushadi Micromini, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I am not sure Usha di.
Could be some virus from some other site that is creating this issue.
Searching through Google Groups support, I found this page:

But I am not knowledgeable about this. I depend on a standard security software (Norton Security) installed in my system.

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 12:02:56 AM8/13/19
to Ushadi micromini, DineshValke, efloraofindia
I just opened the link in my mobile and there was no issue.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 13, 2019, 3:45:48 AM8/13/19
to J.M. Garg, DineshValke, efloraofindia
in ios ....apple there is no issue.
but thats murder on my eyesight and hands to keep holding a mobile for too long....

so i do this eflora on desktop... its windows and google
i do have windows defender and quick heal both, Dinesh...

Norton was too intrusive for my use, had to get rid of it several years ago...

i scan whoe system everyday
and malware scan and clean up too.
Usha di
===========

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 13, 2019, 3:47:08 AM8/13/19
to J.M. Garg, DineshValke, efloraofindia
Dinesh, thanks for searching  and info
i hope google will take care of the issue

Usha di
===========

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 3:50:59 AM8/13/19
to Ushadi Micromini, DineshValke, efloraofindia
I checked up and found no issue on my PC also.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 13, 2019, 4:02:28 AM8/13/19
to J.M. Garg, DineshValke, efloraofindia
Dinesh and Garg ji
so may be my copy of google or firefox is contaminated, ????
so may be delete google ,  firefox and internet explorer and reinstall explorer and google may solve it?

Usha di
===========

Dinesh Valke

Aug 13, 2019, 4:43:37 AM8/13/19
to Ushadi Micromini, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I do not think Google helps solving such issue.
It is something to do with some viral activity in your computer.
It must have sneaked in from some recently first-time visited website.
That virus needs to be tackled.

Try searching knowledge for sorting the issue of "Attackers on googlegroups.com may trick you into" by copy-pasting the string of words between quotes in Google search.
From results, check those which lead to discussions in forums. May be some solutions will come to light.
Other than this, I am not sure of any other approach.
No harm in uninstalling & re-installing Firefox (or any other browser that you use).

Else hire service of any computer maintenance expert from your area (give them brief idea what you are seeking).
All of above are merely my thoughts.

Regards.
Dinesh

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 13, 2019, 5:18:47 AM8/13/19
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Dinesh
my computer guy is not in town
i may have to do it myself

i''ss sleep on it
and then decide if i simply want to delete the browsers all three?
or what

Usha di
===========

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 13, 2019, 5:59:58 AM8/13/19
to efloraindia, Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg
I am receiving too when trying to open images !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Alka Khare

Aug 13, 2019, 11:11:35 PM8/13/19
to efloraofindia
Same here, I cannot open images in Mozilla, I can access pages.
But in Chrome I get the red page at the site URL itself.

Regards
Alka Khare
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to indian...@googlegroups.com.

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 11:18:28 PM8/13/19
to efloraofindia, Alka, Ushadi micromini, DineshValke, Tapas Chakrabarty, Saroj Kasaju
What about Internet Explorer, Alka ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Alka Khare

Aug 13, 2019, 11:45:44 PM8/13/19
to efloraofindia
IE works fine, can access site, pages and can view all images.

Regards
Alka Khare

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 11:49:16 PM8/13/19
to efloraofindia, Alka, Ushadi micromini, DineshValke, Tapas Chakrabarty, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Alka ji.
It is better to use IE for the time being, which I always use.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/8ff99ac3-6f72-4e09-807c-9e5560f08443%40googlegroups.com.

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 11:54:47 PM8/13/19
to Ushadi Micromini, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
Click on the Details (instead of Back to Safety), shown in the red by you.
And here and ignore the warning and browse on the link given.
I feel there will be no issue as I always come across many such warnings in different sites and I always browse, if I need to check some information over there.
Same Google Chrome is showing this site 'No unsafe content found'

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 11:58:42 PM8/13/19
to Ushadi Micromini, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
I have also reported the matter to Google at home page with the following message:
"Google Chrome is showing site security as Dangerous on the left of the Address Bar. Pl. check and help in showing site as normal and not Dangerous"

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 14, 2019, 3:24:32 AM8/14/19
to J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
replied in in efl not opening thread
Usha di
===========

dr.rakesh Singh

Aug 14, 2019, 3:27:13 AM8/14/19
to efloraofindia, Ushadi Micromini, Dinesh Valke, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
Now that you brought this up , Usha Ji , this has happened to me too long back , but somehow it got resolved on its own . I didn't do anything .
 I think this has to do with antivirus you use . I have disabled window's security , use Quickheal on desktop and bitdefender on mobile .
 On two new machine there were avast and Mcaffee
pre installed and they were interrupting a lot not only with efi but with general net surfing too  . Norton on mobile was a nuisance . I  suggest you wait for few days ,
else do something with antivirus .

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 14, 2019, 3:43:34 AM8/14/19
to dr.rakesh Singh, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Rakesh

I was thinking of calling up or writing to Quickheal.
Norton was a nuicance, i got rid of it a long ago.
may will have to disable defender, but i hesitate in these days of uncontrolled invasion
Usha di
===========

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2019, 3:45:41 AM8/14/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, DineshValke, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
I think if we have two anti virus software working simultaneously, than there may be some problem.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 14, 2019, 3:49:17 AM8/14/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, DineshValke, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
i agree
windows defender always want to be the big brother, and get in the way
but my computer kid did something, so it works but lets my mcafee in some computers and quickheal in others d the primary work.

but after Macafee owner //maker was in a murder case, i want to get rid of it....

Usha di
===========

dr.rakesh Singh

Aug 15, 2019, 3:38:51 AM8/15/19
to Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia, DineshValke, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
Today it happened to me .
Google says it is sending such messages to four million users daily , and primary objective seems to be making users aware of security threats .........
for example , some hacker may infiltrate the group and ask for private informations etc. It is a lot of reading on so many links .
Way out of that red alert is...........
click on the box below the mwssage written 'details' inside ........
page gets extended .........
click on ' visit this unsafe site ' .......and desired page opens up .

In reality , our group is not in problem . This seems to be a safety  exercise by google and chrome being carried out vigorously on chrome for PC , and only tangentially on android and google/chrome for mobile , as per google's own admission .

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2019, 3:42:11 AM8/15/19
to efloraofindia, Ushadi Micromini, DineshValke, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 15, 2019, 8:38:31 PM8/15/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, DineshValke, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
thanks, Rakesh
--
Usha di
===========

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2019, 12:39:20 AM8/17/19
to Ushadi Micromini, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh
As I reported the matter to Google, efi site in Chrome does not show it Dangerous now.

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 17, 2019, 1:28:10 AM8/17/19
to J.M. Garg, Ushadi Micromini, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, GurcharanSingh
Still facing this problem.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 17, 2019, 1:29:57 AM8/17/19
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, GurcharanSingh
yes
comes up now
and if it goes to efloraindia, no pictures show up

--
Usha di