Garden Plant for ID : New York : 08AUG19 : AK-22

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 8, 2019, 2:41:40 AM8/8/19
to efloraofindia
Cultivated, garden flowers seen in a park in Manhattan during June,17.
Campanula or Clematis?
Aarti
P1190022.JPG
P1190023.JPG
P1190024.JPG

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 9, 2019, 7:24:17 AM8/9/19
to efloraofindia
campanula: five petals usually
clematis floral tube shape is different

your picture 1 and 2 are the same

any more better focussed
and whole shrub pictures?

Usha di

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 9, 2019, 9:22:54 AM8/9/19
to efloraofindia
Usha Di,
Thanks.
Will search further.
Regards,
Aarti

===========

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 12:11 PM Aarti S. Khale <aarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cultivated, garden flowers seen in a park in Manhattan during June,17.
Campanula or Clematis?
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2019, 1:31:10 AM8/14/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

P1190022.JPG
P1190023.JPG
P1190024.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 23, 2019, 3:21:16 AM8/23/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Ushadi micromini
May be some Clematis species ?

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 23, 2019, 9:07:58 AM8/23/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Ushadi micromini
Clematis sp. I hope.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 23, 2019, 9:58:58 AM8/23/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Ushadi micromini
Gurcharan Ji,
Thanks for suggesting Clematis.
Could be Clematis pitcheri?
Purple Leatherflower?
Just a guess.
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAHiXKpV-f60f-oVw4PDT3P8s1x2-RaKgFciZN87VvimxAL9h2w%40mail.gmail.com.

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 23, 2019, 10:00:14 AM8/23/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini
Garg Ji,
Sorry missed replying to you.
Thanks for suggesting Clematis.
Regards,
Aarti

ushadi

Aug 23, 2019, 10:21:15 AM8/23/19
to Aarti S. Khale, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
may be clematis urticifolia?
Regards
Ushadi

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 23, 2019, 10:50:50 AM8/23/19
to ushadi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Usha Di,
Thanks for suggested id.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 29, 2019, 6:46:55 AM8/29/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini
Thanks Garg Ji.
Regards,
Aarti

carmelita

Aug 29, 2019, 11:33:10 AM8/29/19
to efloraofindia
Please, this may have been asked already but do you have images showing the foliage? I am not at all comfortable with this being any type of Clematis. Thank you.

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 29, 2019, 11:18:36 PM8/29/19
to efloraofindia, carmelita, J.M. Garg, Ushadi Micromini, Gurcharan Singh
Carmelita Ji,
I am adding a cropped picture showing the tender trifoliate leaves.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Aarti

Battery Park,New York-P1190024.JPG

ushadi

Aug 30, 2019, 12:45:10 AM8/30/19
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, carmelita, J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh
see species paragraph
Regards
Ushadi

carmelita

Aug 30, 2019, 1:34:21 PM8/30/19
to efloraofindia
Please forgive me but that is not an image to clearly show the foliage. It is focused only on the blooms which are arranged in a whorl around the stem. Again I say, this looks nothing like any Clematis. I realize we are limited by the few images available and it saddens me.

Did you take the time to smell the flower or foliage? How tall was the entire plant? It does not appear to be a vine; was it a  mounding shape? Thank you.

ushadi

Aug 30, 2019, 3:15:12 PM8/30/19
to efloraofindia, Carmelita
Carmelita
Yes I share your sentiments

but I do see the serrate edges to the leaves
and in the last picture... an emerging leaf seems to be trifoliate
giving Aarti all the benefits of doubt

Regards
Ushadi

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 30, 2019, 10:44:18 PM8/30/19
to efloraofindia, carmelita
Carmelita Ji,
I couldn't get closer to the flowers, they were seen from a distance.
When you visit a place as a tourist, the time is limited. Also, everything you see around is new to you.
At times, we are not able to do justice to each and every plant.
Wish I could have had more time to spend at the park.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 30, 2019, 10:45:07 PM8/30/19
to efloraofindia, Ushadi Micromini, Carmelita
Thanks Usha Di.
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CANAwU1V-YGTD2Zk_sVPd%3D%3DqcTYW59iz-kfpMh8DMGDbqqU4ZaQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 27, 2021, 10:43:03 PM1/27/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 27, 2021, 10:43:41 PM1/27/21
to indiantreepix
Jan 28, 2021, 1:30:48 AM1/28/21
to efloraindia
  • Clematis heracleifolia DC.  POWO

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 28, 2021, 8:52:55 AM1/28/21
to efloraofindia
Gurcharan Ji,
Thanks for forwarding my post.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 28, 2021, 8:54:15 AM1/28/21
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Saroj Kasaju
Saroj Ji,
Thanks for the id.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAEf%3DytRZocrKBrkXjj70PaGOEWZDz_FowpQJcrnD_tJ8Mut-wQ%40mail.gmail.com.