Id of Flower - ID14102019SH1- Cleome sp.

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Oct 14, 2019, 9:15:27 AM10/14/19
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Flower for id pl.Which Cleome sp. ? speciosa ?
Location - Sirsi ( North Karnataka)
Date - September 2019
Regards,
Shobha Chavda
Cleome sp. - Copy.JPG
Cleome 2 - Copy.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 14, 2019, 9:25:39 AM10/14/19
to efloraindia
Looks like speciosa !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

dr.rakesh Singh

Oct 14, 2019, 10:02:43 AM10/14/19
to efloraofindia
Cleome speciosa . Petals long , recurved .

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 14, 2019, 10:15:04 AM10/14/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dr. Singh .

Saroj Kasaju

--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

ushadi

Oct 14, 2019, 10:38:47 AM10/14/19
to efloraofindia
yes
spider flower of gardens all over

I see it in India also, not just its native Mexico

Regards
Ushadi

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Oct 16, 2019, 7:55:37 AM10/16/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks Saroj ji,Rakesh ji and Ushadi ji.Both white and pink colours are speciosa ? As a commoner ( and non-botanist) I used to think that C.gynandra is white.
Regards,
Shobha

ushadi

Oct 16, 2019, 8:16:26 AM10/16/19
to efloraofindia
from whay I know

C. spciosa flowers fade to white

C. gynandra flowers get pink tinges as they get older

and to my eye the leaves are different

and the inflorescence overall is arranged differently

somewhere there is
Regards differentiating description
but I cant get my hand on it right now

may Gargji
or Rakesh would remember

Ushadi

dr.rakesh Singh

Oct 16, 2019, 9:47:43 AM10/16/19
to efloraofindia
Both color variants available .

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Oct 21, 2019, 8:51:02 AM10/21/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks Rakesh Ji.
Regards,
Shobha

J.M. Garg

Oct 21, 2019, 11:42:52 PM10/21/19
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda, Ushadi micromini, tsp
2nd one may be Tarenaya spinosa as per details and keys herein.

Stamens are inserted together in a club like stub above the bottom in Tarenaya hassleriana & Tarenaya, while these are inserted in the bottom in Cleoserrata speciosa and Cleoserrata.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

Cleome sp. - Copy.JPG
Cleome 2 - Copy.JPG

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Oct 31, 2019, 8:52:26 AM10/31/19