Plant for ID :: Rome :: EU-ARKOCT54

Alka Khare

Oct 26, 2016, 12:55:25 AM10/26/16
to efloraofindia
Hello friends

Saw these pretty flowers in Rome by the roadside in May 2016.

Requested to please provide ID.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Type49_Rome_IMG_9466.JPG
Type49_Rome_IMG_9460.JPG
Type49_Rome_.JPG
Type49_Rome_IMG_9462.JPG
Type49_Rome_IMG_9463.JPG
Type49_Rome_IMG_9465.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 26, 2016, 1:11:31 AM10/26/16
to Alka, efloraofindia

Thanks, Alka ji

J.M. Garg

Nov 4, 2016, 2:52:46 AM11/4/16
to efloraofindia, Alka

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Type49_Rome_IMG_9466.JPG
Type49_Rome_IMG_9460.JPG
Type49_Rome_.JPG
Type49_Rome_IMG_9462.JPG
Type49_Rome_IMG_9463.JPG
Type49_Rome_IMG_9465.JPG

Robin Harford

Nov 4, 2016, 5:33:04 AM11/4/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka
Sorry can't help...

Best

Robin

J.M. Garg

Nov 4, 2016, 7:14:26 AM11/4/16
to efloraofindia, Alka
Thanks, Alastair ji.

Nov 10, 2016, 12:14:36 AM11/10/16
to efloraofindia, alk...@gmail.com
Thank you Garg ji and Dr. Culham for the feedback.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Thanks, Alastair ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Alka Khare

Aug 9, 2019, 1:03:52 PM8/9/19
to efloraofindia
Re-opening this thread.

A suggestion of Facebook mentioned these flowers as Campanula patula.

Would really appreciate experts' opinion.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2019, 11:19:06 PM8/9/19
to efloraofindia, Alka
Aug 10, 2019, 12:48:49 PM8/10/19
to efloraindia, Alka
Yes , looks matching !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Alka Khare

Aug 10, 2019, 1:54:32 PM8/10/19
to efloraofindia
Thank you Saroj ji for validating

Regards
Alka Khare

On Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 10:18:49 PM UTC+5:30, Saroj Kumar Kasaju wrote:
Yes , looks matching !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2019, 2:50:05 AM8/15/19
to efloraofindia, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
Aug 15, 2019, 4:47:32 AM8/15/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka
Campanula rapunculus L.  ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 15, 2019, 8:33:59 PM8/15/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Alka
more like Campanula patula

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 15, 2019, 9:37:20 PM8/15/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka, J.M. Garg
I thought different.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 24, 2019, 10:10:08 AM8/24/19
to efloraofindia, Alka, Saroj Kasaju, Ushadi micromini
Yes, appears more close to images of Campanula rapunculus at

Aug 24, 2019, 10:11:40 AM8/24/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka, Ushadi micromini

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

ushadi

Aug 24, 2019, 5:25:13 PM8/24/19
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka
Yes, Garg ji
matches description at MoBot
I also love the connection toi Rapunzel and
that her father ate the roots of this plant
and created the basis of the much loved fairy tale

Regards
Ushadi