Tree for Id_ Kankhumbhi Forest_Belgaum_Karnataka

Neha Singh

Jul 3, 2021, 9:57:01 AM7/3/21
to efloraofindia
This medium sized tree was absurd at Kankumbhi forest near Belgaum.
Tree height was 25 feet (approximate)
Observed in July 2021
Hope tree can the tree be identified with these pics.
Kindly help in identification.

--
Thanks
Best Regards

Neha Singh
 FORREST

Plant_Fruit_Kamkumbi Forest.JPG
Plant_Fruit 1_Kamkumbi Forest.JPG
Plant_Leaves_Kamkumbi Forest.JPG
Tree_Fruits and leaves_Kankumbhi forest.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 3, 2021, 1:50:38 PM7/3/21
to efloraindia, Neha Singh, J.M. Garg
Ehretia ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jul 4, 2021, 3:05:31 AM7/4/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Neha Singh, J.M. Garg
Araliaceae member,
Schefflera only,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 07/04/21, 12:34:00 PM

Neha Singh

Jul 5, 2021, 11:40:00 AM7/5/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Thank you Paradesi ji.
Leaves and fruits do match with Schefflera sp.
It was an evergreen forest of western ghats, which is habitat for Schefflera Sp.

Thank you Saroj ji.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jul 5, 2021, 12:00:21 PM7/5/21
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
No way ma'am
It's Schefflera only, leaves digitately compound and inflorescence loose panicle, fruits small wth long peduncle,
Its evergreen plant collected two species from the Andhra Pradesh forest,
if any more information share, we will see and wait for experts comments also,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 07/05/21, 09:23:28 PM

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 5, 2021, 12:14:28 PM7/5/21
to efloraindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Neha Singh, J.M. Garg
Schefflera arboricola (Hayata) Merr. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Neha Singh

Jul 5, 2021, 1:08:03 PM7/5/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, J.M. Garg
Pardesi ji sorry for misunderstanding.
What I was trying to say that it certainly is Schefflera sp.
Leaves and fruits match and tree habitat too.
You identified it correctly.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jul 5, 2021, 9:05:40 PM7/5/21
to Neha Singh, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
It's Ok ma'am,
Cross-check locally for species,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 07/06/21, 06:33:57 AM

Mahadeswara

Jul 5, 2021, 11:20:37 PM7/5/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Anjaneyulu ji & Saroj ji for nailing the ID. I was curious of this tree.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 6, 2021, 2:14:33 AM7/6/21
to efloraindia
My pleasure.
Thank you Mahadeswara Ji !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 12, 2021, 8:34:41 AM7/12/21
to Neha Singh, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, M Swamy, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks to all of you.
To me appears close to images at Schefflera venulosa as per comparative images at Schefflera
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg