Celtis australis L.

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 5, 2021, 8:26:28 AM4/5/21

Date: 5 April 2021

Apr 5, 2021, 8:26:57 AM4/5/21

Apr 5, 2021, 8:27:15 AM4/5/21

Apr 5, 2021, 8:27:30 AM4/5/21

Apr 5, 2021, 8:27:34 AM4/5/21

Apr 5, 2021, 8:27:40 AM4/5/21

Apr 5, 2021, 8:28:00 AM4/5/21

Apr 5, 2021, 8:28:48 AM4/5/21

Apr 5, 2021, 8:29:05 AM4/5/21

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0750.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 5, 2021, 8:29:25 AM4/5/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke
DSC_0752.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 9, 2021, 4:03:54 AM4/9/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Dinesh Valke
I think fruits and their arrangement, look different as per images at Wikipedia, Encyclopedia of Life and bgflora
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 9, 2021, 4:09:16 AM4/9/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Dinesh Valke
It was labelled !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

IMG_7295.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 13, 2021, 11:03:21 AM4/13/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Pl. see detailed images at efi thread

Some earlier relevant feedback:

I think fruits and their arrangement, look different as per images at Wikipedia, Encyclopedia of Life and bgflora- from me

It was labelled !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

Apr 14, 2021, 11:32:43 AM4/14/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Once again I fail, Sir, and yes, all Celtis search displays solitary fruit!
Alternate leaf with serrate margin ... can it be any Ilex?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

surajit koley

Apr 14, 2021, 11:41:25 AM4/14/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Please, forget Ilex, better try Trema. Pic "DSC_0743" suggests it could be a Trema.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

Apr 20, 2021, 8:51:27 AM4/20/21
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Surajit ji, for the clues.
Does not seem to match with both as per Ilex or Trema
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

Apr 20, 2021, 10:42:12 AM4/20/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Extremely sorry, SIr, didn't notice the trunk (DSC_0752) is armed. It cancels any chance of Trema.

Now, which Celtis does have an armed trunk? That I do not know.

Flora of Nepal lists 3 species - http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=110&taxon_id=105995. Of those 3 species Celtis australis L. perhaps would be C. australis auct. non L. ..... please check -

This much I could do !!!

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

surajit koley

Apr 20, 2021, 12:23:35 PM4/20/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2021, 7:46:47 AM4/25/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, surajitkoley
Thanks, Surajit ji.
I think you are right as per images at Xylosma controversa

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 25, 2021, 8:47:19 AM4/25/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, surajitkoley
Yes Mr. Garg !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju