Asteraceae Fortnight Part I-Radiate Heads: Erigeron for id from VOF- NS 55

Nidhan Singh

May 6, 2013, 10:08:52 PM5/6/13
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

This robust species of Asterceae was shot from way to Valley of Flowers from Ghanghariya...wanted to know the id..previously identified as Erigeron alpinus...wanted to reconfirm..interestingly flowers show resemblance with those of Eclipta alba...will be happy to get id..

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Erigeron unid VOF (1).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (10).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (11).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (12).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (13).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (2).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (3).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (4).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (5).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (6).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (7).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (8).JPG
Erigeron unid VOF (9).JPG

J.M. Garg

May 16, 2013, 8:44:11 AM5/16/13
to Nidhan Singh, indiantreepix
Brachyactis robusta as per earlier discussions in efi.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2085 members & 1,53,000 messages on 30/4/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8000 species).

Gurcharan Singh

May 16, 2013, 10:53:41 PM5/16/13
to J.M. Garg, Nidhan Singh, indiantreepix
Yes Garg ji
It was a very interesting long thread in which it was almost decided as Myriactis wallichii till I noticed large foliaceous bracts characteristic of Brachyactis.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Nidhan Singh

May 17, 2013, 9:11:56 PM5/17/13
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Garg Ji and Gurcharan Sir for resolving the id..yes, I did go through those old threads before posting this, but somehow forgot to add that info, which would have made things bit easier...thanks again Garg Ji and Gurcharan Sir...

J.M. Garg

Dec 29, 2013, 8:20:05 AM12/29/13
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Nidhan Singh, Kishanlal, Tabish Qureshi
"Neobrachyactis pubescens (Candolle) Brouillet, Fl. China. 20-21: 573. 2011.

On 19 December 2013 21:08, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Erigeron acris var. multicaule as per another thread.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2200 members & 1,76,000 messages on 30/11/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80, 000 images).

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2200 members & 1,76,000 messages on 30/11/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80, 000 images).

J.M. Garg

Dec 19, 2013, 10:38:52 AM12/19/13
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Nidhan Singh, Kishanlal, Tabish Qureshi
Erigeron acris var. multicaule as per another thread.

Oct 18, 2019, 3:17:45 AM10/18/19
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh, Tabish, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya
Can it be Brachyactis anomala (DC.) Kitam. as per High resolution specimen at GBIF ?
Flora of Bhutan gives the following details:
B. anomala ( DC.) Kitamura;
Stems 30 50cm. purple. finely pubescent. Basal leaves ovate; blade 2.5-6 * 2-4cm. obtuse. +/-  truncate at base. crenate. glabrescent; petiole4-10cm. Cauline leaves lanceolate with broad-winged petiole to panduriform. sessile. 3—8 >< 1- 2.5cm. acute or subobtuse. shortly decurrent at base. crenate to coarsely serrate. finely pubescent (mostly glandular} on both laces. lnvolucres c 4mm diameter at base; phyllaries linear-lanceolate. 6 8 >< l l.5min. mostly glandular pubescent. Ray flowers c 35- 40: corolla tubes 3.5mm; ligule white. later turning purplish. 3.5 >< 0.2-0.5mm. simple. deeply divided or irregularly 2-3-toothed. Disc flowers c 7-1-; corolla yellowish. 5-6 mm. Achenes 3 >< 1 mm; pappus brownish. inner series c 4.5mm. outer series usually c 1 mm.
Bhutan: C ~ Thimphu district (Pumo La): Darjeeling: Phalut. Singalila: Sikkim: Boktak. Ktlpup. Tsomgo etc. Open grassy slopes. 3050-4100m. August-October.

Oct 18, 2019, 8:11:16 AM10/18/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya
Check out Myriactis wallichii
   Tabish
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2019, 4:52:04 AM10/23/19
to Tabish, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya
I do not think it matches with herbarium specimens at GBIF

Tabish

Oct 30, 2019, 5:20:17 AM10/30/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya
After lot of exploration I too finally think that it should a Bractyactis species. Some involucral bracts becoming large like leaves is an unmistakable character. Neobrachyactis anomala is the closest identification, in my opinion. The distribution and altitude also agrees with it. Please see the following links:
  Best wishes
  Tabish
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

J.M. Garg

Oct 30, 2019, 6:01:32 AM10/30/19
to Tabish, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya
Thanks a lot, Tabish ji