Buglossoides tenuiflora

Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist)

Jun 8, 2021, 1:08:02 AM6/8/21
to efloraofindia
Habit:Herb.
Foowers:whitish in colour.
Leaf possess white hairs along margins and on surface.

Location:Ganderbal, Jammu and Kashmir.
1623128710412.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 8, 2021, 9:11:57 PM6/8/21
to efloraofindia
Nice, thanks for sharing Ahmad Ji,
With Regards.

Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist)

Jun 9, 2021, 12:02:50 AM6/9/21
to efloraofindia

Seema Bin Zeenat

Jun 9, 2021, 3:59:17 AM6/9/21
to efloraofindia
Very nice

Regards,
Seema Bin Zeenat
M.sc Botany
Department of Botany,
School of Biosciences and Biotechnology.
BGSB University, Rajouri- 185234, J&K, India

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 10, 2021, 3:11:33 AM6/10/21
to efloraofindia
Only photo of Habit especially lower portion of plant can confirm. Moreover this species is found below 1400 m altitude, whereas altitude of Ganderbal is 1600 m

Plants weak, stem solitary or little branched. Calyx hairs whitish. Nutlets barely bigibbous    Buglossoides arvensis
+Plants ± robust, stem generally branched from the base. Calyx hairs yellowish. Nutlets distinctly bigibbous Buglossoides tenuiflora

Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist)

Jun 10, 2021, 4:27:18 AM6/10/21
to efloraofindia
Thank you sir.. Let me confirm. It.

J.M. Garg

Jun 18, 2021, 6:24:04 AM6/18/21
to saadiks...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Tabish
Hi, Shakir ji,
May I request you to show the side view and post other images, to check the details.

The posted image has been incorporated in FOI as Buglossoides tenuiflora along with other images from Singh ji (which were posted as Buglossoides arvensis (L.) I. M. Johnst. by him on efloraofindia as per details herein).

Buglossoides tenuiflora does not have distribution in India as per Flora of Pakistan and POWO and also looks different.

I think the posted plant may be Buglossoides arvensis as per POWOipmimagesnutraingredients, Go Botany, wild seed, Missouri Plants,

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 18, 2021, 6:29:14 AM6/18/21
to Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist), GurcharanSingh, efloraofindia, Tabish
It is almost the same image. Does not give the side view.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 18, 2021, 6:50:58 AM6/18/21
to efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com

I mean to say that this sp has been already reported from! Kashmir

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg