Re: EFI site not opening

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 10:26:21 AM8/13/19
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini, DineshValke
Thanks, Tapas ji.
I clicked and opened it. No issues.

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 17:10, Tapas Chakrabarty <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Garg ji,
What is coming in red and now allowing to open the website:

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on googlegroups.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). Learn more

Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on googlegroups.com. Phishing sites pretend to be other websites to trick you.

You can report a detection problem or, if you understand the risks to your security, visit this unsafe site.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

Dinesh Valke

Aug 13, 2019, 10:42:08 AM8/13/19
to efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Ushadi micromini
I too have no issues with the opening of any pages of the eFI site.
Regards.
Dinesh

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 13, 2019, 12:13:47 PM8/13/19
to efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty
so i am not the only one...

what now
Usha di
===========

Tapas Chakrabarty

Aug 13, 2019, 1:23:42 PM8/13/19
to Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
I tried in mobile but found no issues. Possibly antivirus in desktop creating problem. I will try again.

Tapas Chakrabarty

Aug 13, 2019, 3:50:17 PM8/13/19
to Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
If you open Internet Explorer and search via Yahoo then it is okay. Otherwise, Firefox and Google Chrome both blocking the site.

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 11:19:36 PM8/13/19
to efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju, DineshValke
Thanks, Tapas ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Mahadeswara

Aug 13, 2019, 11:20:22 PM8/13/19
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 11:51:39 PM8/13/19
to efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju, DineshValke
I checked our site status.

It states that no unsafe content found. Here are the details as copy pasted from Google Chrome messages we are getting:

Safe Browsing site status

Google’s Safe Browsing technology examines billions of URLs per day looking for unsafe websites. Every day, we discover thousands of new unsafe sites, many of which are legitimate websites that have been compromised. When we detect unsafe sites, we show warnings on Google Search and in web browsers. You can search to see whether a website is currently dangerous to visit.

Check site status

search
Current status
check_circleNo unsafe content found

Site info

This info was last updated on 14 Aug 2019.

Site safety can change over time. Check back for updates.

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 11:59:07 PM8/13/19
to efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju, DineshValke
This problem is not arising in Internet Explorer, which I generally use.
So pl. use Internet Explorer till we get some solution to it.

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2019, 12:05:12 AM8/14/19
to efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju, DineshValke
I have also reported the matter to Google at home page with the following message:
"Google Chrome is showing site security as Dangerous on the left of the Address Bar. Pl. check and help in showing site as normal and not Dangerous"

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 14, 2019, 3:22:54 AM8/14/19
to efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, Saroj Kasaju, DineshValke
Thank you Tapas da, Mahadeswaraj i , Dinesh , Saroj jiand Garg ji
its systematic,  wide spread problem then.

what a relief,
i thought because i was not here, somehow my system was damaged!!!

will delete both google, google chrome and firefox, may be its their rivalry now.

Usha di