030619AB1 ID

Alok Bang

Jun 3, 2019, 5:28:16 AM6/3/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Identification, please.

Date/Time- November 3, 2017; 12:51 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Eastern Melghat, 21°17.839' N, 77°24.433' E

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  Herb

Height/Length- Upto 3’ Height

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- Pod, notched, 2-3 cm

Sincerely,
Dr Alok Bang, PhD
Postdoctoral Research
Fellow
Department of Biology
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune
Dr Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan
Pune 411008, India.
E-mail: alok...@iiserpune.ac.in, alok...@gmail.com
P_20171103_125228 Low Res.jpg
P_20171103_125210 Low Res.jpg
P_20171103_125153 Low Res.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 3, 2019, 5:50:16 AM6/3/19
to efloraindia
Fabaceae?? Desmodium sp. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Alok

Jun 11, 2019, 2:29:36 AM6/11/19
to efloraofindia
Fabaceae, yes. Could you confirm the species, please?

J.M. Garg

Jun 21, 2019, 3:17:23 AM6/21/19
to efloraofindia, Alok Bang, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Saroj ji, for the genus id.
Closest I can go as per comparative images at Desmodium‎ is Desmodium gangeticum (L.) DC.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

P_20171103_125228 Low Res.jpg
P_20171103_125210 Low Res.jpg
P_20171103_125153 Low Res.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 21, 2019, 6:12:19 AM6/21/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alok Bang
 Suggestion to provide elevation in mt. or ft.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Alok Bang

Jun 21, 2019, 8:55:15 AM6/21/19
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
About 350-400m.

Dr Alok Bang, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Biology
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune
Dr Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan
Pune 411008, India.

E-mail: alok...@iiserpune.ac.inalok...@gmail.com
Phone: (+91) 98 50 88 81 02