Request for ID: 250110-AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 25, 2010, 11:24:59 AM1/25/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Taken on the roadside on way to Shirdi on the 27th of November, 2009
Kindly identify for me.
Regards,
Aarti Khale

You have been sent 1 picture.

DSCN9219.JPG

DSCN9219.JPG

Devendra Bhardwaj

Jan 25, 2010, 8:16:10 PM1/25/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Ageratum
regard
devendra

Jan 25, 2010, 10:08:33 PM1/25/10
to efloraofindia
This can be guessed to be Ageratum or Blumea or Eupatorium or any
other Asteraceae for that matter. I can guess this to be a much
branched hairy shrub about 1 mt tall with hairy lobed ovate leaves and
with flat topped inflorescences of about 10 cm wide, each flower-head
about 6 mm wide. This info should have been provided besides a
picture. I don't think there is much of botany in compiling this info.
I have guessed the plant but it is only a wild guess without this
info. Please ensure info on vegetative characters for a correct ID in
your future posts as well. Regards,
Shrikant Ingalhalikar

>  DSCN9219.JPG
> 227KViewDownload

Pankaj Oudhia

Jan 26, 2010, 1:02:19 AM1/26/10
to efloraofindia

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jan 30, 2010, 9:28:55 AM1/30/10
to efloraofindia
I may add that this could be Pluchea tomentosa to close the matter.

On Jan 26, 8:08 am, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>
wrote:

> > 227KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 31, 2010, 12:06:14 AM1/31/10
to efloraofindia

On Jan 30, 6:28 pm, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>
wrote:

> I may add that this could be Pluchea tomentosa to close the matter.
>
> On Jan 26, 8:08 am, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > This can be guessed to be Ageratum or Blumea or Eupatorium or any
> > other Asteraceae for that matter. I can guess this to be a much
> > branched hairy shrub about 1 mt tall with hairy lobed ovate leaves and
> > with flat topped inflorescences of about 10 cm wide, each flower-head
> > about 6 mm wide. This info should have been provided besides a
> > picture. I don't think there is much of botany in compiling this info.
> > I have guessed the plant but it is only a wild guess without this
> > info. Please ensure info on vegetative characters for a correct ID in
> > your future posts as well. Regards,
> > Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Many thanks Shrikant ji for the ID.
Aarti

> > On Jan 25, 9:24 pm, "Aarti S. Khale" <aarti.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >  Taken on the roadside on way to Shirdi on the 27th of November, 2009
> > > Kindly identify for me.
> > > Regards,
> > > Aarti Khale
>
> > > You have been sent 1 picture.
>
> > > DSCN9219.JPG
>
> > > These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
> > > Try it out here:http://picasa.google.com/
>
> > >  DSCN9219.JPG
> > > 227KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Dec 18, 2020, 7:33:58 AM12/18/20
to efloraofindia
Yes ! efi image confirms it.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

Aarti S. Khale

Dec 18, 2020, 8:30:40 AM12/18/20
to efloraofindia
Thanks Saroj Ji.
Pluchea tomentosa  suggested by Shrikant Ji?
Regards,
Aarti

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 18, 2020, 8:37:41 AM12/18/20
to efloraindia
Yes.. My guess.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 3, 2021, 12:39:12 PM6/3/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Pluchea tomentosa ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 3, 2021, 12:40:15 PM6/3/21
to indiantreepix, Aarti S. Khale
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Pluchea tomentosa ?
Group discussion at

Jun 11, 2021, 5:36:11 AM6/11/21
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, Saroj Kasaju
This is what Shrikant ji has suggested in this thread:

"I may add that this could be Pluchea tomentosa to close the matter."

I agree with this id.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 11, 2021, 7:38:35 AM6/11/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks Garg Ji.
Will label it as Pluchea time today.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 11, 2021, 11:14:49 AM6/11/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Saroj Kasaju
Sorry, auto correct.
I meant Pluchea tomentosa.
Aarti