Asclepias incarnata : New Jersey : 15OCT19 : AK-23

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 15, 2019, 12:39:43 PM10/15/19
to efloraofindia
Seen in my friend's garden in New Jersey, in the first week of July,17.
Aarti
P1200949.JPG
P1200984.JPG
P1200982.JPG
P1200983.JPG
IMG_20170706_191312791.jpg
IMG_20170706_191316987.jpg

ushadi

Oct 17, 2019, 3:21:18 AM10/17/19
to efloraofindia
yes milkweed
I thought you just showed this plant a couple of days ago

the red flowers in background seem to be beebalm
are they?
do you have in focus pic of those red ones?
Regards
Ushadi

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 10:09 PM Aarti S. Khale <aarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Seen in my friend's garden in New Jersey, in the first week of July,17.
Aarti

ushadi

Oct 17, 2019, 3:25:46 AM10/17/19
to efloraofindia
unlike that yellow milkweed you had from Niagara this one grows vigorously on its own
better for butterflies
Regards
Ushadi

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 17, 2019, 5:58:02 AM10/17/19
to efloraofindia
Usha Di,
Is Asclepias syriaca and Asclepias incarnata the same Species?
I had no idea.
The color of the flowers is also different.
Asclepias syriaca was growing wild where as the above is a cultivated one from my friend's garden.
Since all these are new to me and I have no further knowledge of plants from the US, I posted on the group for validation.

Yes the red flower is a Beebalm, there was only one flower on that plant unlike the pink ones, which were many.
I will search for a picture.
Regards,
Aarti

On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 11:21:18 AM UTC+4, Ushadi wrote:
yes milkweed
I thought you just showed this plant a couple of days ago

the red flowers in background seem to be beebalm
are they?
do you have in focus pic of those red ones?
Regards
Ushadi

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 10:09 PM Aarti S. Khale <aarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Seen in my friend's garden in New Jersey, in the first week of July,17.
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 17, 2019, 5:59:02 AM10/17/19
to efloraofindia
Usha Di,
The yellow/orange was also a cultivated one.
Regards,
Aarti

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 1:00 PM ushadi <micromi...@gmail.com> wrote:
yes milkweed
I thought you just showed this plant a couple of days ago

the red flowers in background seem to be beebalm
are they?
do you have in focus pic of those red ones?
Regards
Ushadi

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 10:09 PM Aarti S. Khale <aarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Seen in my friend's garden in New Jersey, in the first week of July,17.
Aarti

ushadi

Oct 17, 2019, 9:59:30 AM10/17/19
to efloraofindia
are you supposing that  milkweed is a proper noun?
Regards
Ushadi

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/008f8535-9b25-496f-ab64-569385355b57%40googlegroups.com.

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 18, 2019, 4:01:34 AM10/18/19
to efloraofindia
Usha Di,
I understand all these are commonly known as Milkweeds.
I am only trying to understand the different Species since they are all new to me.
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CANAwU1WHYXg94d%3DRy-aszRQKCqOxsmVrXTk5VVEtBDV066varQ%40mail.gmail.com.

ushadi

Oct 18, 2019, 3:26:27 PM10/18/19
to efloraofindia
google is a good place to learn

and try to learn about butterfly gardening, google
it will tell you what is being planted now

Regards
Ushadi

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 18, 2019, 11:48:15 PM10/18/19