Small Tree for ID : New York : 07AUG19 : AK-18

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 7, 2019, 3:21:11 AM8/7/19
to efloraofindia
Small tree with green berry like fruits seen in a park in Manhattan, New York.
These were seen in June, 2017.
Aarti

IMG_8104.JPG
IMG_8107.JPG
IMG_8105.JPG
IMG_8106.JPG

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 7, 2019, 4:10:02 AM8/7/19
to efloraofindia
Resembles Muntingia calabura or other sp.
Leaves margin, flowers solitary or clusters, fruit Berry....matched characters.
With regards.

Aarti S. Khale

Mahadeswara

Mahadeswara

Aug 7, 2019, 11:59:40 PM8/7/19
to efloraofindia
I am sending photographs taken in my place for comparison.
Muntingia calabura (1).JPG
Muntingia calabura (4).JPG
Muntingia calabura (5).JPG
Muntingia calabura (6).JPG
Muntingia calabura (7).JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 8, 2019, 12:58:48 AM8/8/19
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Mahadeswara Ji,
Yes from me as well.
Muntingia calabura is seen and photographed by me a number of times.
So I know the tree well.
Fruits are not in clusters as we see here.
This could be from Rosaceae family.
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/79d9b579-f52e-48e1-8cd6-f5ad89b9911a%40googlegroups.com.

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 11:11:05 AM8/13/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

IMG_8104.JPG
IMG_8107.JPG
IMG_8105.JPG
IMG_8106.JPG

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 13, 2019, 12:11:12 PM8/13/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy
what was the name of the park?

short of that.... what street?
Usha di
===========

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 14, 2019, 1:49:54 AM8/14/19
to Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy
Usha Di,
This was Battery Park in Manhattan.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Aug 23, 2019, 3:31:21 AM8/23/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 23, 2019, 9:06:37 AM8/23/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy
Malus baccata I hope

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 23, 2019, 9:55:27 AM8/23/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy
Gurcharan Ji,
I was really eager to know the id of these fruits.
Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAHiXKpVLtgs5HnjBiGeB80NBaahgCCRDaNi3OUCa3KYxTc%3DCyQ%40mail.gmail.com.

ushadi

Aug 23, 2019, 10:30:54 AM8/23/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy
me too
thought of crab apples which abound in new York city

but the tiny  fruits ......

they look like  red  pimento  stuffed olives,

and drove me nuts

thanks

Regards
Ushadi