Shrub for ID : Fremont : 09SEP21 : AK - 005

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 9, 2021, 8:34:41 AM9/9/21
to efloraofindia
While going through my California plants, I found some I had missed earlier.
Shrub, probably growing wild.
Aarti
P1280417.JPG
P1280418.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 12, 2021, 6:01:34 AM9/12/21
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Pl. post high res. images to see the details.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 12, 2021, 8:42:06 AM9/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Adding.
P1280417.JPG
P1280418.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 16, 2021, 6:09:45 AM9/16/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale

With regards,
J.M.Garg
P1280417.JPG
P1280418.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 16, 2021, 8:51:56 AM9/16/21
to Alastair Culham, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you so much Alastair Ji for this id. Regards,
Aarti

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021, 17:01 Alastair Culham, <a.cu...@reading.ac.uk> wrote:

This looks very like Loranthus europaeus but I am not aware if that grows in California. The nearest American genus is Phoradendron, I think. Unless you think your photo is of an introduced plant I would therefore suggest Phoradendron serotinum ssp. macrophyllum (Big Leaf Mistletoe) which is widespread in California as the most likely taxon.  It is on the Calflora website - https://www.calflora.org/app/taxon?crn=11016

Kind regards,

Alastair

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 13, 2021, 9:20:21 AM11/13/21