Tree for ID : Way to Nasik : 20JUN21 : AK-08

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 20, 2021, 1:33:39 PM6/20/21
to efloraofindia
Seen while travelling to Nasik in the ghats.
Aarti
20210619_135940.jpg
20210619_135940-Cropped.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 27, 2021, 4:10:56 AM6/27/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
I think it is difficult to id with such images.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
20210619_135940.jpg
20210619_135940-Cropped.jpg

radha veach

Jun 27, 2021, 12:55:57 PM6/27/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
My guess would be Pisa, Actinodaphne hookeri.

Regards
Radha

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 27, 2021, 11:12:56 PM6/27/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Ji,
Not a problem.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 27, 2021, 11:20:16 PM6/27/21
to radha veach, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Radha Ji,
Thanks a lot.
I think your guess is correct since the arrangement of the leaves is similar.
Let me take more pictures when I'm passing the place next.
Regards,
Aarti

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 29, 2021, 11:57:56 PM6/29/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com, radha veach, J.M. Garg
Sorry canopy structure from Actinodaphne,
it could Hyminodictyon orixense, canopy structure and leaves are matched,

With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 06/30/21, 09:25:24 AM

radha veach

Jun 30, 2021, 12:14:36 AM6/30/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, quite likely

Regards
Radha

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 30, 2021, 1:31:31 AM6/30/21
to radha veach, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Yes ma'am it's different from Actinodaphane,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 06/30/21, 11:00:25 AM

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 30, 2021, 9:40:55 AM6/30/21
to efloraofindia, radha veach, J.M. Garg
Thanks Paradesi Ji and Radha Ji.
I will try to take more pictures when I'm travelling on that road next.
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAPTGuvHo6ax1zuGweXxT03Dh1iEcrF8tP_MiBm2psXWEST86Aw%40mail.gmail.com.

J.M. Garg

Jul 9, 2021, 3:00:18 AM7/9/21
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Leaves appear to be a bit narrow as compared to those at Hymenodictyon orixense
Hi, Aarti ji,
May I request you to pl. post high res. images.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 15, 2021, 10:04:58 PM7/15/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Garg Ji,
I will click more pictures with my zoom camera when travelling through that place again.
Regards,
Aarti

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 9:18 PM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Aarti ji.
Looks different.

Jul 26, 2021, 12:46:20 PM7/26/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, radha veach, J.M. Garg
Radha Ji and Paradesi Ji,
Adding close up images of the same tree clicked yesterday.
Regards,
Aarti
P1420756.JPG
P1420762.JPG
P1420760.JPG
P1420764.JPG

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jul 26, 2021, 9:15:58 PM7/26/21
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, radha veach, J.M. Garg
Sterculia foetida,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 07/27/21, 06:44:22 AM

radha veach

Jul 26, 2021, 9:30:45 PM7/26/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Bombay ceiba I think. This tree has deceived us all!
Thank you Aarti for an evocative photo of the Ghats.
Regards
Radha

radha veach

Jul 26, 2021, 10:01:19 PM7/26/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Bombax! My phone had other ideas

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jul 26, 2021, 10:10:47 PM7/26/21
to radha veach, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg

Did you observed any fruits or fruit pieces under the tree or on the tree Aarti ma'am,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 07/27/21, 07:37:28 AM

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 27, 2021, 12:26:46 AM7/27/21
to radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Thanks a lot Radha Ji.
There are many Bombax trees on this route.
I will be observing it every time I pass by.
When I was travelling to Nasik, the area was completely covered with mist.
This is at the beginning of Kasara Ghat as it is commonly known, the other name being Thal Ghat.
Hope to catch the flowers/pods some day.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 27, 2021, 12:32:30 AM7/27/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, radha veach, J.M. Garg
Thanks Paradesi Ji.
Did you check with Bombax suggested by Radha Ji?
The leaves look more closer to Bombax and there are many Bombax trees on the way.
Kindly recheck.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 27, 2021, 12:36:03 AM7/27/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, radha veach, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Paradesi Ji,
The place has a deep slope, combined with rain it was very slippery.
Cannot go closer, I could only click pictures with my zoom camera.
Will be observing this tree for flowers/fruits when I pass by the same road.
Regards,
Aarti

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jul 27, 2021, 1:00:33 AM7/27/21
to Aarti S. Khale, radha veach, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Whenever you passed that route, find flowers or fruits that will be rock ID ma'am,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 07/27/21, 10:28:30 AM

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 27, 2021, 2:28:16 AM7/27/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, radha veach, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Yes

J.M. Garg

Aug 5, 2021, 2:31:26 AM8/5/21
to radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Yes, I agree with Radha ji, as per images at Bombax ceiba
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 5, 2021, 11:05:59 AM8/5/21
to J.M. Garg, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Garg Ji,
Thanks for validating.
Regards,
Aarti