Gentiana capitata Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 8, 2019, 10:08:38 AM9/8/19
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Nagarkot,  Kathmandu
Date: 03 August  2019
Elevation: 1888 m.
Habit : Wild

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0247.JPG
DSC_0249.JPG
DSC_0248.JPG

ushadi

Sep 8, 2019, 10:12:04 AM9/8/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
very nice
like the last one the best
Regards
Ushadi

Mohd Shabir

Sep 8, 2019, 10:16:30 AM9/8/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This is Gentiana cephaloides not G.capitata

ushadi

Sep 8, 2019, 10:18:35 AM9/8/19
to efloraofindia
shabir:
how should I differentiate them?please tell me
Regards
Ushadi

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 8, 2019, 10:24:13 AM9/8/19
to efloraindia, Ushadi Micromini, J.M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 8, 2019, 10:39:24 AM9/8/19
to efloraindia

Thank you Shabir ji for correcting ID. In that case it will be a new entry
to efi. By the way i did not find any image in the net for cross verification.
And also, ACFPN states as Gentiana cephalodes !

Saroj Kasaju

Mohd Shabir

Sep 8, 2019, 10:47:56 AM9/8/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I recently published a paper entitled " On the Occurance of Gentiana cephaloides (Gentianaceae) in Garhwal Himalaya" Please check it the attachment.
Thank you

20. Main text 158-161 (5).pdf

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 8, 2019, 10:53:17 AM9/8/19
to efloraindia

Thank you Shabir Ji !

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 8, 2019, 10:55:10 AM9/8/19
to efloraindia
Thank you Shabir Ji !
Could you please check my other posts on G. capitata whenever free?

Saroj Kasaju

Mohd Shabir

Sep 8, 2019, 10:56:48 AM9/8/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, correct spelling
G. cephalodes

ushadi

Sep 8, 2019, 11:04:18 AM9/8/19
to efloraofindia, Mohd Shabir, Saroj Kasaju, ushadi Micromini
Thank you for the paper

but
I am still no more informed
sorry

I need this in plain English so that non-botanist enthusiast like me (citizen botany liker) can understand the difference

can you do that , ???
thanks

Regards
Ushadi

ushadi

Sep 8, 2019, 11:22:50 AM9/8/19
to Mohd Shabir, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you for your trying to explain it....
Quote:
to me
 Dear Ushadi,

G. cephalodes is differentiated from G.
capitata by long naked slender stem, bearing a capitate inflorescence, enveloped by 4-broadly elliptic,
petiolate leaves, calyx lobes triangular, apex capitate and flowers from mid-summer to autumn
end quote
etc
but that's not plain English

that's ok
I will get someone else to translate it for me.

Regards
Ushadi

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 8:40 PM Mohd Shabir <shabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
 Dear Ushadi,

G. cephalodes is differentiated from G.
capitata by long naked slender stem, bearing a capitate inflorescence, enveloped by 4-broadly elliptic,
petiolate leaves, calyx lobes triangular, apex capitate and flowers from mid-summer to autumn

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2019, 6:02:19 AM9/9/19
to efloraofindia, shabir1610, Saroj Kasaju, Ushadi micromini
Thanks a lot, Shabir ji and Saroj ji.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 9, 2019, 11:55:10 AM9/9/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, shabir1610, Ushadi micromini

Thank you Mr. Garg!

Saroj Kasaju