Tabebuia heterophylla from Lal Bagh Bangalore for validation-GS06022022-2

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 6, 2022, 10:26:28 AM2/6/22
to efloraofindia
The tree has been labelled at Lal Bagh, Bangalore. It was originally uploaded by Aarti ji in 2013. Garg ji did a lot of research and initially suggested T. heterophylla and finally as T. rosea. Here are my observations which I gave on Aarti ji's post and repeating here and more pictures today to help solve the ID. Photographed by me on 29-9-2015 from Lal Bagh Bangalore.

I think T. rosea is out of reckoning.  flowers of T. rosea are typically purple-pink , they can sometimes be nearly white,  Perhaps most significant difference is broader and distinctly acuminate leaflets in T. rosea, mostly 5, but sometimes varying from 3-5 and up to 10 inches long, they are comparatively thinner

Tie seems to be between T. roeoalba and T. heterophylla as originally suggested by Garg ji. Leaflets of T. roseoalba are ovate to ovate lanceolate up to 5 inches long, three in number;

Leaves of T. hetrophylla are 5, but lesser also, and most importantly leaflets are oblong to oblong-obovate, that seems to fit our plant.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Tabebuia rosea alba-Lal Bagh Bangalore-IMG_5079-a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 6, 2022, 10:27:13 AM2/6/22
to efloraofindia
one more image

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tabebuia rosea alba-Lal Bagh Bangalore-IMG_5079-a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 6, 2022, 10:27:58 AM2/6/22
to efloraofindia
one more image

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tabebuia rosea alba-Lal Bagh Bangalore-IMG_5081-a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 6, 2022, 10:29:01 AM2/6/22
to efloraofindia
one more image

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tabebuia rosea alba-Lal Bagh Bangalore-IMG_5085-a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 6, 2022, 10:30:22 AM2/6/22
to efloraofindia
one more image

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tabebuia rosea alba-Lal Bagh Bangalore-IMG_5086.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 6, 2022, 10:46:08 AM2/6/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 6, 2022, 11:13:05 AM2/6/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Please read the first line of my post as:

The tree has been labelled at Lal Bagh, Bangalore as Tabebuia roseoalba. It was originally uploaded by Aarti ji in 2013.