Lysimachia japonica for validation from Himachal Pradesh-GS14012022-5

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 14, 2022, 10:25:12 AM1/14/22
to efloraofindia
Lysimachia japonica for validation from along Bhangayani Temple Nohradhar Road, 25-5-2015.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Lysimachia japonica-Bhangayani temple to Nohradhar-IMG_9149.jpg
Lysimachia japonica-Bhangayani temple to Nohradhar road-IMG_9154.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 14, 2022, 10:27:01 AM1/14/22
to efloraofindia
More images

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Lysimachia alternifolia-Bhangayani Temple to Nohradhar Road-IMG_9291.jpg
Lysimachia japonica-Bhangayani temple to Nohradhar-IMG_9151.jpg
Lysimachia japonica-Bhangayani temple to Nohradhar-IMG_9150.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 14, 2022, 10:32:40 AM1/14/22
to efloraofindia
More images

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Lysimachia japonica-Bhangayani temple to Nohradhar-IMG_9155.jpg
Lysimachia japonica-Bhangayani temple to Nohradhar-IMG_9153.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 14, 2022, 10:38:02 AM1/14/22
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg
Lysimachia alternifolia Wall. !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 14, 2022, 10:43:25 AM1/14/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
L. alternifolia I have uploaded separately with alternate (not opposite) leaves, nearly glabrous green leaves (with long hairs here)

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jan 18, 2022, 2:51:24 AM1/18/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju
We have kept our observations at Lysimachia debilis following keys from Flora of China as below:
Plants red to black glandular punctate or striate as per keys in Flora of China for Lysimachia debilis Wall. vis-à-vis Plants epunctate or translucent glandular punctate of Lysimachia japonica Thunb.
However looking at the observations there, pedicles look much larger in your post.

Pl. consider Lysimachia deltoidea, which is showing larger pedicles as per images herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 19, 2022, 12:59:36 AM1/19/22
to efloraofindia
Garg ji, if we follow POWO and eFlora of China our plant should be L. debilis as black punctate spots are clearly seen on back of leaves. I had placed it under L. japonica following of eFlora of Pakistan. Since both L. japonica and deltoidea lack punctate dots both are excluded.