Plant identification

binay das

Nov 12, 2020, 6:43:52 AM11/12/20
to efloraofindia
Sir, Please identify this cultivated flower,from a private house, Dimapur (Nagaland) Thanking you.
DSCN0585.jpg
DSCN0763.jpg
DSCN0676.jpg
DSCN0752.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 12, 2020, 8:52:36 AM11/12/20
to efloraindia
Clerodendrum  related sp. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 5:28 PM binay das <b9kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sir, Please identify this cultivated flower,from a private house, Dimapur (Nagaland) Thanking you.

J.M. Garg

Nov 14, 2020, 3:10:46 AM11/14/20
to efloraofindia, binay das, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, it appears to be Clerodendrum species, though I went through Clerodendrum diversity in Northeast India

With regards,
J.M.Garg
DSCN0585.jpg
DSCN0763.jpg
DSCN0676.jpg
DSCN0752.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 14, 2020, 3:15:26 AM11/14/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, binay das

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 15, 2020, 7:00:56 AM11/15/20
to efloraofindia, binay das, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Clerodendrum related sp. ??

Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

Yes, it appears to be Clerodendrum species, though I went through Clerodendrum diversity in Northeast India , but could not find a match. - from me

J.M. Garg

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Nov 17, 2020, 2:34:57 AM11/17/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, binay das, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
I think this plant is Clerodendrum lasiocephalum C.B. Clarke.
Lately, it was merged with Clerodenrum chinense (Osbeck.) Mabb., but I strongly believe this to be a distinct species.
Regards,
Ritesh
--

डॉ रितेश कुमार चौधरी/  Dr. Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
वैज्ञानिक डी/ जैवविविधता एवं पुराजैविकी समूह/ Scientist 'D' । Biodiversity & Palaeobiology group

J.M. Garg

Nov 17, 2020, 2:39:49 AM11/17/20
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia, binay das, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Ritesh ji,
I tried this. But when found it to be syn. with C.chinensis with white flowers, I got confused.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 17, 2020, 2:48:19 AM11/17/20
to J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia, binay das
Looks different than suggested ID !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Nov 17, 2020, 2:58:46 AM11/17/20
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, binay das
Pl see my earlier posting from Arunachal Pradesh:
Regards,
Ritesh

J.M. Garg

Nov 18, 2020, 6:48:29 AM11/18/20
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, binay das
Hi, Ritesh ji,
I could find three specimens of Clerodendrum lasiocephalum C.B.Clarke in GBIF.
Specimen from East Bengal seems to match with our plant (without opened corolla). While other two from Upper Burma look different as per

FBI gives the following description as per IBIS Flora:
Clarke ; leaves ovate acuminate dentate pubescent, panicle subcapitate, Calyx-segments 2/3 in. linear-subulate.
MISHMEE ; Griffith (Kew Distrib, n. 6055).
Branches pubescent upwards. Leaves opposite, 10 by 1/2 in., base cuneate or rounded, membranous, sparsely pubescent on both surfaces ; petiole 2 in. Panicle sessile, 2-3 in. diam., dense, depressed-globose, pubescent ; bracts linear. Calyx divided, nearly to the base; segments flaccid caudate, pubescent. Corolla not seen. Drupe 1/3 in. diam., red.

In view, you may be right that it was merged with Clerodendrum chinense (Osbeck.) Mabb., but I strongly believe this to be a distinct species.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg