Rubiaceae - Ixora sp. for ID

msawm...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2014, 11:56:57 AM4/21/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Location : Lengpui, Mizoram. Altitude : ca. 400 m. Date : 21-04-2014. Habit : Small tree or shrub with white fragrant flowers. Habitat : Wild.
DSC_0474.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 21, 2014, 10:02:40 PM4/21/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Could be Ixora brachiata.
Aarti

Smita

Apr 22, 2014, 11:55:19 AM4/22/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Ixora nigricans

J.M. Garg

Apr 28, 2014, 7:44:19 AM4/28/14
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Smita Raskar, msawm...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Could be Ixora brachiata.
Aarti

Ixora nigricans- from Smita ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2300 members & 1,85,250 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSC_0474.JPG

radha veach

Apr 28, 2014, 8:27:09 AM4/28/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Smita Raskar, msawm...@gmail.com
Hi,

to get a specific id we need close up pics of flowers and buds

regards
Radha

surajit koley

Apr 28, 2014, 1:15:24 PM4/28/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Smita Raskar, M Sawmliana
No reddish hue observed as in FoI links -

Thanks n regards

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 11, 2021, 12:59:51 AM1/11/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 11, 2021, 1:00:33 AM1/11/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Group discussion at

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 11, 2021, 3:32:58 AM1/11/21
to efloraindia, M Sawmliana, Smita Raskar, Aarti S. Khale
There is no distribution of both suggested sp. in Mizoram!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 16, 2021, 6:51:51 AM1/16/21
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Smita Raskar, Aarti S. Khale
Hi, Sawmliana ji,
What are the species of Ixora reported in your area?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 17, 2021, 3:04:19 AM1/17/21
to M Sawmliana, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Sawmliana ji.
May I request you for a high resolution image and other images, if any.

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 19:43, M Sawmliana <msawm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ixora acuminata, I.roxburghii, I.subsessilis & I.undulata are reported in Mizoram

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 17, 2021, 5:46:56 AM1/17/21
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Sawmliana ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Jan 17, 2021, 5:46:58 AM1/17/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, M Sawmliana
Thanks, Sawmliana ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Jan 17, 2021, 8:53:36 PM1/17/21
to efloraofindia
I have snapped these wild flowers from Karbi Anglong (Assam).. I think its  Ixora nigricans.

binay das

Jan 17, 2021, 8:56:35 PM1/17/21
to efloraofindia
I have snapped this wild flower from Karbi Anglong (Assam) which may be  Ixora nigricans

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 4:16 PM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
DSCF8766.JPG
DSCN1523.JPG
DSCN0800.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 17, 2021, 9:00:17 PM1/17/21
to efloraofindia, binay das, M Sawmliana
DSCF8766.JPG
DSCN1523.JPG
DSCN0800.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 24, 2021, 3:17:26 AM1/24/21
to efloraofindia, binay das, M Sawmliana
Hi, Sawmliana ji,
May I have the keys from your area?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 24, 2021, 4:18:46 AM1/24/21
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh, binay das
Thanks, Sawmliana ji.

Jan 28, 2021, 7:00:23 AM1/28/21
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh, binay das
After going through different resources like keys above, efi, GBIF, POWO and CoL, I think plants from Sawmliana ji and Binay ji, will be Ixora balakrishnii Deb & Rout (syn:  Ixora roxburghii N.P.Balakr., nom. illeg.;  Ixora villosa Roxb., nom. illeg.) as per Catalogue of life and POWO and GBIF- specimen 1 and specimen 2
Another closer one is I.subsessilis as per GBIF, but different.

Ixora undulata and Ixora thwaitesii (syn: Ixora acuminata Thwaites) look different.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 5, 2021, 6:36:51 AM2/5/21
to binay das, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Both species (Ixora nigricans and Ixora balakrishnii) are quite close and reported from Assam.
If you can find out the keys, the images can be finally sorted out.
I am unable to get them on the net.
Till them I am keeping it as Ixora balakrishnii Deb & Rout

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg