259 ID wild plant Justicia

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 24, 2022, 12:43:32 AM1/24/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 14.01.2022, 11.40pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, roadside

Plant habit: erect, branches, weak angular stem 07mm base diameter, velvety, annual

Height: 02 feet

Leaves: opposite, ovate, apex, velvety, soft, lite aromatic, size:18×09cm or less

Flower: racemose, diameter:03.5mm, yellow with violet shade, lite fragrance

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

259 Identify wild plant
20220114_114415.jpg
20220114_114313.jpg
20220114_114344.jpg
20220114_114234.jpg
20220114_114113.jpg
20220114_114404.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 24, 2022, 12:45:31 AM1/24/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220114_114516.jpg
20220114_114724.jpg
20220114_114434.jpg
20220114_114557.jpg
20220114_114637.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 24, 2022, 12:46:29 AM1/24/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220114_114751.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 27, 2022, 12:35:21 AM1/27/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu

Something close as I could not find a match as per comparative images at Justicia

With regards,
J.M.Garg
259 Identify wild plant
20220114_114415.jpg
20220114_114313.jpg
20220114_114344.jpg
20220114_114234.jpg
20220114_114113.jpg
20220114_114404.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 27, 2022, 12:36:03 AM1/27/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu

Something close as I could not find a match as per comparative images at Justicia

Jan 27, 2022, 3:09:37 AM1/27/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Gymnostachyum latifolium?....or a new variety?

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 27, 2022, 5:23:40 AM1/27/22
to Girish Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
It's appearance except flower is close to Gymnostachyum latifolium, I don't know its a new specious of Gymnostachyum. Thank you very much dear Girish ji for the ID suggestion, with kind regards, Sam

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 27, 2022, 11:59:19 PM1/27/22
to Vinayaraj V R, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Yes, it is Gymnostachyum latifolium var. decurrens, dear Vinayaraj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2022, 7:44 am Vinayaraj V R, <vinayar...@gmail.com> wrote:
I go for Gymnostachyum latifolium var. decurrens

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 14, 2022, 1:25:10 AM2/14/22
to Vinayaraj V R, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Sharing more images
Location: Chathamattom, riverside
CANON shots
20220212105944_IMG_0431.JPG
20220212105752_IMG_0427.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 14, 2022, 1:28:24 AM2/14/22
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, girish kumar ellezhuthil, Vinayaraj V R
Sharing more images
20220212105817_IMG_0428.JPG
20220212105926_IMG_0430.JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 14, 2022, 3:41:00 AM2/14/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia
Wonderful images.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 14, 2022, 3:47:49 AM2/14/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very much dear Garg ji, for the great appreciation.  Roadside corrected to river/streamside, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 14, 2022, 4:33:53 PM2/14/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Other than Justicia ??