IdentificationVST2

Vinay Thite

Sep 26, 2019, 9:40:36 PM9/26/19
to efloraofindia
Kindly identify the plant

Date/Time- 22 SEP 2019

Location-Place, Altitude, GPS-  Savandurga Hill, Karnataka 562201, 12° 55' 23.24'' N 77° 17' 43.48'' E. Altitude 1139

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild

Plant Habit-Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Shrub

Height/Length- 90 cm.

Leaves - In whorls

Flowers – Light purple. In the photo only buds are seen.

20190927VST1.jpg
20190927VST2.jpg
20190927VST3.jpg

dr.rakesh Singh

Sep 27, 2019, 10:08:33 AM9/27/19
to efloraofindia
Lobelia species ?

J.M. Garg

Oct 3, 2019, 3:14:39 AM10/3/19
to efloraofindia, Vinay Thite, dr.rakesh Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Lobelia species ?- from Rakesh ji

To me looks different from comparative images at Lobelia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

20190927VST1.jpg
20190927VST2.jpg
20190927VST3.jpg

J.M. Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

20190927VST1.jpg
20190927VST2.jpg
20190927VST3.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 20, 2019, 9:36:59 AM10/20/19
to J M. Garg, efloraofindia, Vinay Thite
Hygrophila sp. ?

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 20, 2019, 10:12:34 AM10/20/19
to efloraindia, dr.rakesh Singh, J M. Garg, Vinay Thite
I don't think it is Hygrophila.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

dr.rakesh Singh

Oct 21, 2019, 4:30:07 AM10/21/19
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J M. Garg, Vinay Thite
We should ask Vinay ji for more photos , including flowers and if possible , fruits .

ushadi

Oct 21, 2019, 5:10:57 AM10/21/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, J M. Garg, Vinay Thite
I aam stumped

I have been looking at this since last one month or so
and digging

but nothing remotely comes up

follow up photographs of the same or similar plants would be necessary
Regards
Ushadi

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 22, 2019, 7:25:29 AM10/22/19
to ushadi, efloraofindia, J M. Garg, Vinay Thite
Did it flower Vinaya Ji  ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 22, 2019, 12:09:24 PM10/22/19
to Vinay Thite, efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you Mr. Thite ! Hope you would get it !

Saroj Kasaju

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 9:27 PM Vinay Thite <thi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Saroj Kumar Kasaju ji
I may have to do another trek to Saavandurga to find out further development of the plant. I hope it will be soon.
Thanks for interest shown by all of you.

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 23, 2021, 8:02:48 AM7/23/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID