SK230DEC08-2016:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 8, 2016, 1:59:32 PM12/8/16
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Gurje Bhanjyang, Kathmandu , Nepal
Altitude:  6000 ft.
Date: 6 June 2015

Smilax ???

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0284.JPG
DSC_0285.JPG
DSC_0287.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 8, 2016, 11:14:25 PM12/8/16
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia

Nice images, Saroj ji

J.M. Garg

Dec 22, 2016, 2:45:33 AM12/22/16
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

DSC_0284.JPG
DSC_0285.JPG
DSC_0287.JPG

D.S Rawat

Dec 22, 2016, 2:56:57 AM12/22/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Please check for Smilax (Smilaceae) species.
Smilax in eFI.

DSRawat Pantnagar

Dr D.S. Rawat
Department of Biological Sciences, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology Pantnagar-263 145 Uttarakhand, INDIA
eflorapantnagar displaying wild flora of Pantnagar

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2016, 3:01:44 AM12/22/16
to D.S Rawat, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I did check but could not come to the conclusion.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 22, 2016, 7:56:51 AM12/22/16
to D. S Rawat, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Thanks,  Rawat ji

J.M. Garg

Jan 8, 2017, 2:19:27 AM1/8/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, D.S Rawat
What is the habit of the plant?

Regards,

Samir Mehta

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 8, 2017, 11:38:01 AM1/8/17
to Samir Mehta, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat
Herbaceous climbing plant . Thin forest of short trees. Shady.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 8, 2017, 7:23:31 PM1/8/17
to Saroj Kasaju, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia, Samir Mehta

Thanks,  Saroj ji

Samir Mehta

Jan 11, 2017, 9:46:02 PM1/11/17
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
'Herbaceous climbing plant'

Smilax seems to be the best possibility. Leaf and inflorescence (type) are good matches for Smilax.

Rgds,

J.M. Garg

Jan 12, 2017, 8:09:29 AM1/12/17
to Samir Mehta, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, Saroj Kasaju

Thanks,  Samir ji

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 12, 2017, 8:44:15 AM1/12/17
to J.M. Garg, Samir Mehta, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat
Dear all,

Is it  Smilax elegans subsp. elegans (accepted name)  ??

Altitude and fruiting season is as per the following link.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 12, 2017, 8:59:56 AM1/12/17
to J.M. Garg, Samir Mehta, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat
Is this also the same plant from different location ??

Location: Ranikot, Bhaktapur, Nepal
Date :  10 May 2014
Altitude : 6300 ft.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0477.JPG
DSC_0478.JPG
DSC_0480.JPG

Samir Mehta

Jan 12, 2017, 12:31:58 PM1/12/17
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat
'Is this also the same plant from different location ??'

This is Smilax too.
Whether it's the same species..that's difficult to comment on with available data..but given that the geography, altitude and time of the year are similar, one can make that presumption.

Regards,

Samir Mehta

J.M. Garg

Jan 12, 2017, 11:37:09 PM1/12/17
to Samir Mehta, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Thanks,  Samir ji

J.M. Garg

Jan 24, 2017, 12:23:36 AM1/24/17
to Saroj Kasaju, Samir Mehta, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 24, 2017, 4:51:38 AM8/24/17
to J.M. Garg, Samir Mehta, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat
ID pending !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 24, 2017, 9:19:11 AM8/24/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 9, 2019, 3:14:57 AM4/9/19
to J.M. Garg, Bubai Bera, efloraofindia
Smilax lanceifolia Roxb. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0287.JPG
DSC_0285.JPG
DSC_0284.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 17, 2019, 1:53:12 AM4/17/19
to Saroj Kasaju, Bubai Bera, efloraofindia
You may be right as per
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

Anil Thakur

Apr 18, 2019, 12:57:15 PM4/18/19
to efloraofindia
Smilax sp.
But which species ?

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 18, 2019, 1:06:08 PM4/18/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I guesed S. lanceifolia !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 at 10:42 pm, Anil Thakur <aniltha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Smilax sp.
But which species ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 16, 2019, 1:26:09 AM10/16/19
to J.M. Garg, Anil Thakur, Samir Mehta, D.S Rawat, Bubai Bera, efloraofindia
This has been identified as Smilax wallichii Kunth !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 20, 2019, 8:44:28 AM10/20/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, I checked with GBIF, it appears close to Smilax wallichii

Oct 20, 2019, 8:46:11 AM10/20/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju