For ID22102019RK2-please help in identifcation

Ridhima Kapoor

Oct 22, 2019, 7:48:42 AM10/22/19
to efloraofindia, Satabdi Barman
Dear all,

Please help in identification of this. Its a local root consumed in Jharkhand.
Local name-Churke
Date-15th August, 2018
Place-Village chewo, Godda, Jharkhand

Ridhima Kapoor
Research Assistant
Indigenous Foods Project (LN0509)
Indian Institute of Public Health-Delhi (IIPH-Delhi)
Public Health Foundation of India

Churke.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 22, 2019, 7:54:43 AM10/22/19
to efloraindia, Satabdi Barman
Dioscorea pentaphylla L. ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

dr.rakesh Singh

Oct 22, 2019, 8:21:32 AM10/22/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Satabdi Barman
Dioscorea wd. be my guess too .

ushadi

Oct 23, 2019, 6:34:13 AM10/23/19
to efloraofindia, Satabdi Barman
one of the rangaloo

but be careful of toxic alkaloids identified a century ago

follow rules set by the local tribals
Regards
Ushadi

J.M. Garg

Nov 18, 2019, 11:11:04 AM11/18/19
to efloraofindia, Satabdi Barman, Saroj Kasaju, Ridhima Kapoor
Thanks, Saroj ji.
Hi, Ridhima ji,
What are the species of Dioscorea reported from your area ?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

J.M. Garg

Nov 18, 2019, 11:11:28 AM11/18/19
to efloraofindia, Satabdi Barman, dr.rakesh Singh, Ridhima Kapoor

J.M. Garg

Dec 3, 2019, 2:01:40 AM12/3/19
to efloraofindia, Ridhima Kapoor
Hi, Ridhima ji,
May I request you to post the leaves etc. for determination of the species ?

Churke.JPG

Ridhima Kapoor

Dec 3, 2019, 2:32:59 AM12/3/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sorry sir, I don't have the pictures of leaves and flower.

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 22, 2021, 11:48:45 AM8/22/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 22, 2021, 11:49:46 AM8/22/21
to indiantreepix, ridhima...@iiphd.org
Aug 29, 2021, 3:50:21 AM8/29/21
to efloraofindia, Ridhima Kapoor, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, Dioscorea pentaphylla L. is possible (as earlier suggested by Saroj ji) as per images of tubers herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg